Chapter Nine

I woke up the next day to someone pounding on the door. I felt someone get out of my bed. I heard Happy talking to someone then he slammed the door shut. Happy came back in the room and climbed back into bed. I cuddled into his chest. His heart was pounding against his chest.

Me: what's wrong?
Happy: nothing.

I straddled his lap and kissed him.

Me: please tell me what's wrong?
Happy: will you get my crow?
Me: what kinda question is that?
Happy: I'm asking you to be my Ol Lady?
Me: yes.
Happy: good cause I would of felt like a complete idiot.

I kissed him again and someone knocked on my bedroom door. I wrapped my blanket around me and went to open the door. It was my brother and he looked nervous.

Me: what's wrong?
Jax: have you seen Nessa?
Me: not since last night.
Jax: damn it.
Me: what's wrong?
Jax: we got in a fight last night and she left.

I went and opened her door and she wasn't there. I went back to my room and got dressed. I grabbed my keys and left to go look at this spot were we use to hang out as little girls. The car was there. I parked the car and took off running to the building in the woods. I got to the building and opened the door. She was laying in a pool of blood. I called Jax.

Me- Jax I found her.
Jax- god is she okay?
Me- no.
Jax- what's wrong?
Me- hurry up to the old warehouse in the park.
Jax- the one you two use to play in as kids?
Me- yes hurry Jax.

She had a faint heartbeat. There was some much blood and thats when I noticed the symbol on the wall. I heard the roar of motorcycles. I was covered in blood and was begging my best friend to stay with me.

Me: Nessa please don't leave me. Your pregnant with my niece or nephew. Jax's loves you. I love you. Your suppose to be there when I get married. Happy asked me to marry him this morning. Nessa you can't leave me. I was suppose to die first. Nessa please I can't live without you. I don't wanna be alone.

The guys ran in. I was in full blown tears begging her to stay.

Me: please Nessa. Please.

Jax dropped down beside me and held on to us. Chibs walked over and checked her pulse.

Chibs: las she's gone.
Me: no she's not she she she can't leave. I was suppose to die first. I was suppose to leave this hell hole first.

Jax pried her out of my arms. Happy came and picked me up off the floor. We went home and he put me in the shower. I got out and pulled on a pair of panties and a bra then just went to bed. I was starring at the ceiling when Happy came in with some food.

Me: I'm not hungry.
Happy: alright.

He laied down behind me and pulled me too him.

Me: what did I do?
Happy: nothing.
Me: she's my best friend.
Happy: I know.

I just cuddled into his chest and cried. I ended up crying myself to sleep. I woke up the next morning and got in the shower. I felt like shit and I looked like shit. I got dressed and was having Tara come to my house to take the stitches out of my leg. I was sitting in the kitchen when she walked in.

Tara: you okay?
Me: yeah I'm fine.
Tara: alright.

She cleaned it with rubbing alcohol then took the stitches out then she recleaned it.

Tara: uhm it looks okay but clean it every night for awhile.
Me: alright.
Tara: I heard about Nessa.
Me: how?
Tara: Jax's brought her to the ER and she had a faint heart beat but we lost it. She didn't officially pass away tell 4:30 last night.
Me: alright. Well I'm going back to bed.

I walked her to the door and she left. I went back to bed and got in bed. I covered my head and was trying to go back to sleep when the blanket was ripped off me. I rolled over and looked at Happy.

Me: may I help you?
Happy: your mother needs you.
Me: well that's nice.
Happy: well we have to go talk to her.
Me: I'm not going.
Happy: please?
Me: Why are you begging? Are you afraid of my mother?
Happy: kinda. She's scary.
Me: that's actually really funny.
Happy: okay get up.

I got out of bed and pulled some skinny jeans on with a black long sleeve shirt. I brushed my hair and quickly did my make up. I grabbed my sunglasses and we left. We pulled up to TM and I went to the office. She was sitting at the desk and it looked like she hasn't been asleep in days.

Mom: oh hey honey.
Me: hey.
Mom: how are you?
Me: I've been better. You wanted me?
Mom: oh yeah Nessa's funeral is tonight.
Me: alright.
Mom: its gonna be okay.
Me: yeah I know.

I walked out of the office and to the bar. Piney was standing behind the bar.

Me: can I get a shot?
Piney: of what?
Me: everything.

He really got me a shot of everything. I downed them all then left to the funeral home. The last funeral we were all at was Half-Sacks and that didn't turn out so well. I was outside smoking when I heard the roar of motorcycles. I watched as they all passed. I went back inside and we all said our goodbyes then went to TM to drink.