Chapter 27 (Finale)

Peter and I headed back to the tower, both of us not really wanting to go. I was reluctant to find out what had happened to Will and I felt guilty about not being ecstatic to see the real him again. I was happy that he might be able to return to normal, but it made me sad thinking about how we could never go back to the way we were before.

Soon we got to the tower and found Tony waiting for us in the lobby. Peter ripped off his mask, realizing too late that he was still in his suit.

"How are my two favorite lovebirds?" I felt my face grow warm when Tony mentioned Peter and I and I looked at Peter to see his face was red too. "Peter why the hell are you in your suit? Did something happen?"

"Um, no, I just was showing her around the city in it."

Tony looked at him like my mom looked at me when I had done something wrong, "Kid, what did I tell you about using the suit for purposes other than helping people?"

"Not to?" Peter tried to look innocent, but Tony just looked down and shook his head.

"If you're going to do something that you're not supposed to at least try to hide it." Tony pointed his hand at Peter in his suit.

"I'll, uh, try to do better Tony." Peter rubbed the back of his neck and I let out a small laugh at how adorable he was when he was uncomfortable. They both gave me a confused look and I quickly tried to change the subject to the reason we had come back to the tower.

"So, um, how's Will?"

"Oh, right." Tony started walking away. Without turning around he called out, "Follow me."

I looked at Peter and he nodded his head. I took a deep breath and started to walk forward. Peter followed and intertwined his fingers with mine, giving me a comforting squeeze. We reached the elevator and stepped in after Tony.

"You ready?" Peter places his hand on my shoulder, making me turn to face him.

I smile at him and nodded, not really sure if I meant it.

~~~

The elevator door opened, revealing the lab that Tony had brought me too when he had asked me to move into the tower. We walked out of the elevator and Tony headed over to a door on the left side of the room. Tony opened the door and I closed my eyes, holding my breath.

After a moment I heard a familiar voice. "Sam?"

It felt like the entire world had stopped. I opened my eyes and saw Will, my Will, sitting on a bed. I felt tears start to stream down my face and I covered my mouth. I couldn't believe that he was back.

I entered the room slowly and cautiously walked toward him. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Steve, Banner, Nat, Clint, and Vision. I reached Will and stood in front of him, tears still streaming down my face. With slight hesitation he stood up, making me back up a little and bump into Peter.

I turned around and finally found my voice. "Can we be alone for a minute?" I looked around the room and everyone except Peter headed for the door. I gave him a look saying that I meant him also.

"Alright, alright, I'm leaving," He looked over my shoulder at Will, giving him a look that said he meant business, "I'll be right outside." He walked out the door and shut it behind him.

"Sam, I don't know what to say."

I turned back around and saw him looking at the ground. I just stood there, not able to do anything else. I knew he was the old Will, but it just didn't feel the same. After a few seconds of silence, he said something.

"I remember everything." He finally brought his eyes to mine and I stared at him. "I remember it all. Every feeling I had, every thought that crossed my mind. I remember throwing you off of the school." He started to cry and his voice broke when he said the last sentence.

I looked at him, and suddenly the memories of Will trying to kill me came back into my mind.

"I can't do this. I thought I could, but I can't." I turned around and headed for the door.

"Sam, wait!" Will grabbed my hand, but I pulled my arm away quickly. I turned around and glared at him, but I didn't try to leave again.

Will took a deep breath. "I know you don't understand why I'm telling you this."

"Well, you're right about that." He looked at me but then started again.

"I remember feeling like there were two people inside of me, but I wasn't the one in control. I kept screaming at the other person to stop, but I couldn't do anything. I could feel them wanting to throw you off, and it was killing me not being able to stop them, but also knowing that even though I wasn't the one doing it, it still was me. That probably doesn't make sense to you but I don't know how else to explain it."

I stared at him, consumed with emotions I didn't understand. Not sure what to say.

"I'm so sorry I put you through that Sam. I understand if you never want to see me again." Will sat down on the bed again.

"Will," I sat down next to him. "I know if you could have stopped what you were doing you would have." I paused a moment, thinking about what I was going to say next. "That's why I don't want to cut you out of my life."

"Really?" He seemed both shocked and excited at my answer.

"It's never going to be the same again though."

"Yeah, I know." Sadness had crept into his voice.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until I decided that I should leave him alone for awhile, feeling like there was nothing else I could do at the moment.

"I should probably go." I stood up and headed for the door. I opened it and turned my head back to Will. "I'll talk to you later?"

Will nodded his head and I closed the door.

I walked back into the lab and stopped in my tracks when I saw everyone standing in front of me, staring at me.

"Uh, hi everyone." I waved awkwardly and everyone but Peter looked away and tried to act normal.

"You okay?" Peter stepped forward and grabbed my hands.

I nodded. "For once I feel like everything is going to be okay." I pulled Peter forward and kissed him, not caring that everyone was now watching us.

Suddenly Peter pulled away. "There's something that I've been meaning to ask you." I stared at him expectantly. "It's probably a little late for this, but I never really found the right moment. Anyway, I was wondering, if, you, uh, would want to be my girlfriend?"

I looked at him and I couldn't help myself. I burst out laughing. Peter looked at me completely shocked, with a slight hurt look in his eyes. I quickly covered my mouth to stop but I couldn't. I leaned my head against his chest to try to stop and gain control of myself.

"I'm really hoping that there is a very good explanation for why this is so funny." Peter pulled my head away from his chest and looked at me.

"I'm so sorry! That was totally uncalled for. I laugh when I'm nervous." Peter moved a piece of my hair out of my face and I smiled. "Of course I will be your girlfriend." Peter smiled and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Well, I'd say I'll be able to sleep happy tonight! What about you guys?" Tony smiled and Peter and I looked up at him having completely forgotten everyone was there.

I laughed and looked at Peter. "I agree."

Author's Note

I finally got my act together and finished this book. I hope you guys are okay with this ending, but remember I am writing a sequel! Also if there is anything that you want me to wrap up in the next book please let me know! I don't know when the next book will be out but I think I might wait until 2018 to publish it because my life gets really crazy during basketball season. I hope you guys enjoyed this book and are just as excited as I am for the next one!