Chapter 18

I heard a knock on my door as I was finishing putting on some mascara.

"One sec!" I called, looking at myself once more in the mirror. I had curled my hair to make the curls neater and put on light makeup. I was wearing a simple black dress that my mom had gotten me for our Winter Ball last year. I readjusted my anchor necklace before deciding to take it off.

"You aren't my anchor anymore, Will."

"You okay in there?" I heard Peter's voice say from the hallway.

"Ya, sorry!" I pulled open the door. The sight of Peter took my breath away. He was in a black suit and a white dress shirt with a simple black tie.

"Wow, you look amazing." He said, unable to stop staring at me, making my face turn a very deep shade of red.

"Um, thanks. You look really good too." His face turned a matching shade of red and he looked down.

I stepped out of my room and closed the door behind me. "So, where are we headed?"

"It's a surprise." Peter smiled and looked at me mischievously. He held out his hand and I took it, feeling the same shocks I had felt when we had worked on the pottery wheel run up my arm. I followed him through the hallways until we reached the elevator. Peter pressed the button to go up, confusing me.

"Shouldn't we head down to the exit?"

"Um, well I talked to Tony and he said that neither of us was allowed to leave yet so, I, uh, set something up." He smiled at me, but I could tell he was starting to get nervous. The elevator ride was long and silent, making it extremely awkward. After a few minutes, we finally reached our stop.

"Woah," I said as the elevator opened to a beautiful glass room lit up with candles. There was a balcony that had a table for two set up on it.

"Peter..." I was speechless. He led me over to the table, pulling my chair out for me. I sat down and looked out at the city next to me.

"I thought you said you were afraid of heights?" He smirked at me.

"Oh, I, uh-"

"I'm just kidding." He laughed and I smiled.

"I didn't know what you would like so I asked your mom and she said she knew exactly what to make." He lifted the cover off of the platter in front of us to reveal my mom's famous shrimp scampi.

"Omg, this is awesome!" I was smiling so much my cheeks were starting to hurt.

"I'm glad you like it. Now, let's dig in!"

Once we finished Natasha came over with two smaller platters on a cart.

"For dessert I have brought you a classic, milkshakes!" She takes the covers off to reveal two vanilla milkshakes, causing my throat to catch at the thought of Will and me at Bills.

Peter could tell something was wrong. "You okay?"

"Ya, I'm fine." I forced a smile trying to convince him, but I don't think he bought it.

~~~

When we finished dessert Peter brought me over to the edge of the balcony.

"It's so beautiful." My eyes were scanning the buildings in front of us, taking in everything.

"I agree," Peter says, but I could tell out of the corner of my eye that he was looking at me. I look over at him and smile, staring into his brown eyes. He stepped closer to me, making me realize what was about to happen. I leaned in and closed my eyes, feeling Peter's warm breath on my face. I felt his soft lips press against mine, sending sparks shooting through my entire body. After a few moments, we pulled away, neither of us saying anything.

After a few seconds of staring out at the city, Peter finally broke the silence. "Any chance you would be interested in going to watch a movie?"

"I would love too." He smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the elevator.

"How about you change out of that cause I can tell you would feel so much more comfortable in regular clothes." He points to my dress.

"I swear to god you know me better than I know myself sometimes." He laughs and the elevator opens onto my floor.

"Meet me on floor 16 when you finish changing." He says as I step off.

"Okay!

I walked into my room and pulled off my dress, throwing on a pair of black sweatpants and a blue t-shirt. I ran out the door and headed to the elevator. I pressed the button for level 16, not being completely sure what was on it. I hadn't really explored the tower much since I had gotten there, especially since I didn't even know what floors I was allowed to go to. I stepped off of the elevator to find a gorgeous living room with a huge flat screen T.V. and a gigantic L shaped couch. There was a bar in the left area of the room where Peter was making drinks.

"What are you making?" Peter looked up when he heard my voice and smiled.

"Shirley Temples!" He holds up two glasses with red liquid inside them.

"Perfect." I smile and head over to the couch. Peter followed carrying our drinks and some popcorn. He sat down next to me and handed me my drink. I placed it on a table next to me and grabbed some popcorn.

"So, what do you want to watch?" He asked, picking up the remote.

"Let's watch Friends, it's hilarious." He nodded and started playing the first episode. We sat there next to each other, laughing and sometimes talking about random things. Soon I began to get tired and I placed my head on Peter's shoulder. The last thing I remember was him placing his head on mine.

Author's Note

I finished another chapter so here you go! I don't have anything to say except that I hope you guys are still enjoying this. Vote and comment please!