Chapter 3

We head in the direction of my apartment, neither of us saying anything. We walk for a few minutes before we walk past Caneview.

I stop and look at it longingly. "Guess I won't be seeing this place for awhile."

"Come on" I felt Will's warm hand grab mine and he pulled me towards the school.

"Where are we going?" I yell, jogging to keep up with him.

"Shh!" He whispers, continuing to jog towards the school. We reach one of the doors and Will stops.

"Are we breaking in?" I ask, giving him a concerned look. "We can't do that!"

"It's not considered breaking in if you have a key." He answers, smirking and holding up a shiny metal key.

"I don't think that's how that works." I laugh nervously. "How did you even get a key?"

He ignores me, fitting the key in the lock. He slowly opens the door.

"Are you sure?" I hesitate, looking around nervously.

"Come on, nobody's ever here over the summer." He holds his hand out to me, still smirking.

I take his hand hesitantly. He pulls me in, practically dragging me behind him. "Where are we going?"

"Just follow me!" He lets go of my hand and starts running down the hallway. I chase after him. Finally, he stops at the stairs, waiting for me to catch up.

"Maybe you could slow down a little, not all of us are basketball stars," I say, breathing heavy.

He laughs. "I wasn't even going half-speed."

I roll my eyes, still trying to catch my breath. He starts running up the stairs, taking them two at a time.

"Oh come on!" I yell after him as I start to follow him.

I reach the top of the stairs and almost collapse.

"A little out of shape are we?" He laughs at me. I look up at him and give him a dirty look.

"Come on we're almost there." He starts to jog away. After he realizes I'm not following he comes back.

"I'm not getting up."

"Guess I have to carry you then." He starts moving towards me.

"What are you doing?" I scream as he throws me over his shoulder. He starts running to the door leading to the roof. He opens the door and sets me down.

"Never do that again!" I yelled, slapping his arm. He laughed and walked over to the edge of the building. I followed him, hoping to find out exactly why he had dragged me up here.

"Look." He points out to the horizon. The setting sun was clearly visible through a break in the buildings and trees.

"Woah." Escapes my lips. We stare at it for a few minutes, neither of us saying anything, again.

"I guess this is goodbye Caneview." I finally say, patting the edge of the building.

"Your such a dork." He laughs.

"How are you gonna make it through the day without being able to make fun of me?" I smile, looking at him.

He laughs, but the smile slowly fades from his face.

"I'll be fine." He says after a few seconds, in a way that made me think he was trying to convince himself instead of me. I look at him when he says it, and he looks at me. He has a look on his face like he wants to say something, but he turns his head back to the sunset, leaving me unaware of the thoughts running through his head.

I looked down at my watch to see what time it was. "Shit, my mom's gonna kill me."

"What time is it?"

"8:55. My curfew is still 9."

"We better hurry, wouldn't want Good Girl Jones to be late." He laughs as he makes fun of me again.

"Stop calling me that!" I yell at him, slapping the back of his head.

Thankfully the school was right around the corner from my apartment. We make it to the door right at nine, giving me a feeling of relief.

"This was fun," Will says, a sad look on his face still.

"It was. Now, don't you forget about me, Bouler. I don't want to hear that you have completely ignored everything I have taught you for the past two years and have become one of the many fake people in this world."

"I promise I won't. And don't you forget what I've taught you and slip too far into the world of the nerds."

"I promise." I smile.

"Goodnight Sam."

"Goodnight Will."

I close the door behind me and head up to bed, thoughts of what the coming year had to bring clogging my mind. I reached my room and climbed into bed, too tired to bother changing into PJs. I closed my eyes and fell fast asleep.

Autor's Note

Here's chapter 3! I promise next chapter she will finally start at Midtown, and then chapter after that she will actually meet Peter! I hope you guys are enjoying this and remember to comment and vote!