Chapter 22

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Will, making Sarah bump into me.

"What's your deal?" Sarah asks, looking in front of me to see why I had stopped. "Do you know him?" She looked at my face and could tell the answer was yes.

"Hello Sam, it's been a long time." I just stared at him, anger boiling inside me. My hands clenched into a fist and my eyes narrowed.

"You're going to pay Will." I glared at him, trying my best not to lunge at him. I kept looking at the knife lying on the table in front of me.

Sarah must have noticed what I was thinking because I felt her arm on my stomach, stopping me from moving forward. "Are you crazy?" She whispered.

"Maybe," I thought to myself. Before I could make a move I felt someone push me forward. I stepped forward and took a seat at one of the chairs. Sarah sat next to me, obviously uncomfortable.

"Well, go ahead, dig in." The man in charge said, gesturing toward the food. I looked down at the plates in front of me that contained a variety of foods from pasta to salad. I looked up and saw Will again and I suddenly lost my appetite. Sarah, on the other hand, was starving and had piled as much food on her plate as she could. I made a silent prayer to myself that the food wasn't poisoned.

"Not hungry Sam?" Will said, smiling at me. I glared at him and clenched my fists again, digging my nails into my palm. "I don't think our guest likes our food, James."

The man in charge, whose name was apparently James, looked up. "What did I tell you about calling me James! You call me Mr. Morris."

"Whatever you say, James." He said his name as a whisper so that James, or Mr. Morris, wouldn't hear it.

"Okay, now I have seriously enjoyed all of this, really, but I think I'm going to go home now. I have a big test that I have to study for so." I started to get up but the two men shoved me back down.

"You're not going anywhere," James said, glaring at me.

"Then you mind explaining why the hell we're here? You knock us out and shove us in a truck. Then you bring us to this creepy ass building where you shove us in a cold room and leave us there alone. And now you decided to give us a full buffet of food! Make up your mind already! Are you going to kill us or not?" I was breathing hard by the time I was done yelling at them.

"Oh, we're going to kill you," James said this like it wasn't soul-crushing news. "But I'm going to wait until I can do it in front of Tony."

A million thoughts went through my mind. Tony? Why the hell did he want to do it in front of Tony? "Why does it matter if Tony sees it?"

"You haven't noticed how protective he is of you? I mean he barely let you go to school this morning. With good reason too. Sadly his plan to have old Spider-Man protect you wasn't very smart. Speaking of Spider-Man, I wonder if he's okay? Will, you know anything about that?"

I felt tears in my eyes at the mention of Peter. What had they done to him?

"Let's just say it might take more than two days for him to wake up this time, if he wakes up."

"What is wrong with you people!" I was full on crying then.

"What's wrong with me?" James slammed his hands on the table What's wrong with your friends? Tony destroyed my life for no reason! He took everything away from me! Well, now I'm going to make him watch while I hurt the ones he loves."

"Loves? What are you talking about? Tony doesn't love me!"

"Sure he does! He helped your mother raise you when your father left you and your mom when you were born. You were practically his own child!"

This didn't make sense. My mom never even mentioned Tony or my father. It always seemed like he was dead by the way she avoided talking about him so much. Why would she lie to me? Why wouldn't they tell me?

"You're lying." I tried to glare at him, but I'm pretty sure my face displayed more confusion than anger.

"Fine don't believe me. But it doesn't change what's going to happen. I'm going to kill Sarah, your mom, and Peter in front of you, and then I'm going to kill you in front of Tony. Then I might kill him, I haven't decided that yet."

I couldn't say anything anymore. I had nothing left to say. I just looked down at my hands in silence.

After a few seconds, an alarm started going off.

"Look at that, right on time." James looked almost giddy. He got up and the men grabbed Sarah and I and started shoving us in the direction of the door. We walked out into the gigantic room again, except this time, it wasn't empty. Standing in front of us was The Avengers, or at least, a few of them. Iron Man was front and center, with Captain America and Black Widow to each of his sides. And swinging in above them was the one and only Spider-Man.

Author's Note

I'm not sure how much I like this chapter but I'm going to post it anyway. I think I'm going to go back through and edit this story when I'm done so I can add more detail and get rid of some of the parts that don't really make sense. My idea for this story kinda completely changed since the beginning so I hope you guys still like it. Don't forget to vote and comment!