Chapter 11

"What the heck?" I screamed, still flying through the air. My hair was flying in front of my face, blocking my vision. Finally, I felt my feet touch something solid. Moving my hair away, I looked around. I was standing on the top of a very tall building, looking out at the city.

Next to me, was Spider-Man.

"What the, how, um, shouldn't I be dead?"

Spider-Man didn't say anything, his white eyes just stared back at me.

"You saved my life."

"That I did. Sorry I couldn't be Captain America."

I nearly passed out, recognizing the voice immediately; it was Peter.

"Peter? This is a joke, right? Or I'm dreaming?"

He didn't respond. He just pulled off his mask, revealing his perfectly messy hair.

"I must be dreaming because first my best friend goes psycho and tries to kill me, and now the guy I like is a superhero?"

He blushes, making me realize I just admitted I liked him out loud. Why am I so stupid sometimes?

"How did you even know where I was?"

"Well, as soon as you ran out of Will's apartment his dad called Mr. Stark and told him that you might have found Will by tracking his phone. Mr. Stark called me and told me to find a girl riding a bike straight into a dangerous situation. I finally found your bike thrown on the ground outside the school, and then heard you screaming from the roof. I barely caught you before you hit the ground."

I sat down on the cold cement, feeling like I might pass out. Peter sat down next to me, close enough that our legs were touching.

"Where's Will?"

Peter sighed. "I'm not sure. I was too focused on getting you out of there to see where he was going."

"We have to find him."

"No way! You're not going anywhere near him until we figure out what's wrong with him!"

"Why not? He's my best friend!"

"I don't care, he nearly killed you! We have no clue what happened to him! He's dangerous now. He might not ever go back to being the Will you used to know."

I stood up, not knowing what to do. Peter stood up to, looking at me with concern. "Are you okay?" He grabbed my hands, but I pulled away.

"Of course I'm not okay! I just nearly died because my best friend tried to kill me, and now the one guy that ever truly cared for me could be gone forever!"

I started crying for the second time that night, not caring how I looked. I cried so hard I started to shake. Soon, I felt Peter's warm arms wrap around me, holding me tight, trying to stop me from shaking.

"I care about you." He said. "And I promise I won't ever stop." I wrapped my arms around Peter, not letting go until I finally stopped crying.

"Come on, I'll take you to my place. Will might come look for you at your apartment." He grabbed my waist and jumped off the side of the building, swinging us in the direction of his apartment.

~~~

"My aunt is asleep, but we can explain to her what happened in the morning."

"Okay, I'll just tell my mom I decided to stay the night at Will's so she doesn't worry where I am."

Peter nodded and scratched the back of his neck. "Do you want a change of clothes?"

I nodded and he pulled out a pair of joggers and a t-shirt that said: "If you believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand". He handed them to me and turned around. I pulled his clothes on, the scent of him making me feel safe.

"You can sleep up top and I'll sleep on the bottom." He points to his bunk bed.

I went up the ladder, climbing under the warm covers. Peter turned the light off and crawled in below me. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep, but every time I did I was falling off the side of the school again. Finally, I sat up and crawled down the ladder.

"Peter, I think I'm now afraid of heights."

"Do you want me to sleep up top?"

I didn't say anything. I just walked to the side of his bed and slid in next to him. He seemed shocked at first, but after a few seconds, I felt him wrap his arms around me, pulling me into his bare chest. The only falling I was doing then was for Peter Parker.

Author's Note

I don't know how many parts I will be able to post this week because we have things called Quarterly Assessments at our school and I have to study a lot for them so I'm kinda stressed. Also, Tuesday is Halloween and Wednesday is my birthday so I'm gonna be extra busy on those nights. Hope you guys are liking this and don't forget to vote and comment!