Chapter 21

"Listen freaks, I don't know what kind of sick joke this is but my mom is a lawyer and my dad is a police officer so I can guarantee th-"

Sarah's rant was cut off when one of the guys slapped her across the face and shoved a cloth in her throat. The other one grabbed me and shoved a cloth into my mouth as well. The man pulled my arms behind my back and tied them together tightly with rope. With every movement I made the rope cut in deeper, and after a few minutes, I felt a warm liquid trickle down my fingers.

"Move!" I felt a hard push against my back making me stumble forward. I caught myself before I fell and started moving forward slowly. The truck had stopped in the driveway of a big industrial building that looked like it hadn't been in use for decades. The windows were either boarded up or cracked and there were vines crawling up the sides of the building. The area around the building was surrounded by trees, giving no clues as to where we were. The men directed Sarah and me toward a big steel door of the building. The door had a black symbol on it that looked like an octopus with a skull head.

The door opens to a small, dimly lit hallway. We walk down it, passing door after door. There are no windows on the doors, but as we walk past them ear piercing screams were coming from various rooms. Sometimes the sounds of moaning and groaning could be heard, and once there was even a scratching noise.

I looked over at Sarah and saw a look of terror plastered on her face as she listened to the sounds. She looked at me and gave me a look that said, "what is this place?"

I just shook my head and thought to myself, "this is where nightmares are made".

"Stop here." I got jolted backward as one of the men grabbed my arm. He grabbed Sarah's arm too while the other man unlocked the door we had stopped in front of. When it was open the man shoved Sarah and I in, making us fall and land hard on the cold cement floor.

One of the men came forward and ripped the pieces of fabric out of our mouths. "You can yell as much as you want but no one who cares will hear you."

"See ya around." The other guy said, smiling at us evilly. They shut the door behind them and locked it.

"I'm so sorry Sarah," I looked over at her. She didn't say anything. She just stared at the wall blankly, avoiding my eyes. She had two bruises forming on her face, one from getting knocked out, the other from getting slapped. I could see dried blood on her hands from the cuts that the rope had made.

"What are we going to do?" Sarah finally spoke, her voice coming out as almost a whisper. It sounded as if she was trying not to cry, and sure enough, she turned to me with tears rolling down her face.

"Hey, it's okay!" I scooched closer to her and she placed her head on my shoulder. "We'll figure it out."

"They're going to kill us, aren't they?"

"I don't know..." I didn't know what to say to comfort her. I had no clue what was going on and why we were here. I just prayed Peter would find us soon.

"They could have at least taken the ropes off. My arms are going to permanently be in this position."

I laughed. I couldn't help myself. I didn't know what to do. I laughed so hard that I started to cry. We both cried and we cried until we didn't have anything left.

~~~

I woke up to the sound of someone unlocking our door. I sat up as best I could, which was a big struggle because of the rope around my hands. Sarah sat up too, and we both stared at the door waiting to see who was opening it. I felt fear starting to creep into my stomach.

A different man opened the door with two men behind him. "How's it going ladies?"

"We're just peachy," I responded snarkily.

"Hungry?" He asked, smiling at us.

"No, I think the dirt on the floor should be enough to hold us over for a little while, thanks for asking," Sarah said, rolling her eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes. Boys, please take the ropes off these young ladies hands." The two men stepped through the door and untied our hands. I pulled my sore arms in front of me and stared at my blood covered hands.

"Great hospitality you got here." Sarah glared at the man who seemed to be in charge.

"Anyway, follow me." He motioned us forward and we stood up and walked out. We continued along the dim hallway. It led to a gigantic room filled with lots of weird looking machines.

"What do you think those are for?" Sarah whispered to me so the men couldn't hear her.

"I'm not sure." I continued to look around the room.

Eventually, we reached another hallway where we went into the first room on the right. Inside the room was a long dining table with food spread across it. There was only one person sitting at the table; it was Will.

Author's Note

Sorry about not posting yesterday. I was super busy and I was having some writer's block. But I went to go see Thor: Ragnarok and it was so good! If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend! Remember to vote and comment what you thought!