Chapter 4

*2 weeks later*

"Hurry! You're gonna be late to school!" My mom comes into my room and turns on the light. She walks over to my bed and pulls the covers off of me.

"Ahh, stop!" I yell at her, trying to grab the covers back. She pulls the covers further away and places them on the floor, out of my reach.

"Let's go! You can't be late on your first day."

I groan but roll over onto my feet. I rub my eyes as I walk over to my closet. I look inside, moving my clothes back and forth. Eventually, I decided to go simple and grab a pair of jeans and my Captain America t-shirt. I walk into my bathroom after I finish changing and grab a pair of contacts out of my drawer, looking into my blue eyes as I put them on. I almost glare at my mess of curly hair and sigh. Everyone always says they love my hair, but I absolutely hate it. I have to plan in advance if I want it to look at least somewhat presentable down, and even then sometimes it doesn't work.

I grab two hair ties from my drawer and put it into a messy bun. I grab my anchor necklace off the hook on the wall and stare at it. Will gave it to me for my sixteenth birthday. He said it was to remind me that he would always be there for me, that he would always be my anchor.

"Breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom yell from down the hall. I quickly threw on some mascara and grabbed my phone off my desk. I run through the hallway, sliding across the floor in my socks.

"Careful Captain, wouldn't want to fall and break your nose on the first day would you?"

"Haha, very funny." I smile and sit down at the island. She comes over with a piling plate of crêpes, placing them down and heading back to grab strawberries, Nutella, and whipped cream.

"Bon appetit!" She smiles and sits down next to me. Every first day of school she makes crêpes for both of us to eat. I grab the Nutella and begin to spread it on a crêpe, and when I finish I grab some strawberries and whipped cream to add on top. I waste no time digging in.

"I swear to god you are the best cook ever."

She smiles. "Best mom ever, too!"

"Yup!" I laugh and shove another piece in my mouth. I open my phone to see if I have any notifications and see a text from Will.

Good luck at school today! Make lots of nerdy friends!

I answer as I shove my last piece of crêpe in my mouth.

Thanks! Try not to miss me too much!

"I got to run! Thanks for the crêpes Mom. I love you!" I run over to the front door and grab my bag and gray high top Converse.

"I love you too! Good luck at school!"

"Thanks! Bye!"

I run out the door and reach the elevator. I press the button to go down and wait for the door to open, grabbing my earbuds out of my bag as I wait. I plug them into my phone and put on my playlist. The door opens and I walk on, pressing the button for the lobby. I reach the bottom floor and run out the door.

I had never been inside Midtown, but I had walked past it a billion times. I walked to the subway station and climbed on, thankfully finding a seat and sitting down. After a few minutes, we reached my stop and I hopped off. After a short walk, I finally reached the school, stopping to look up at the tall building.

"Well, better get used to this." I think, sighing and heading toward the school. I walk up the steps and push open the doors to the start of my new life.

~~~

"Ms. Samantha Jones?"

I get up from the chair I was sitting in and head inside the office. A man, who I presume is the principal, is sitting at a large desk.

"My name is Principal Morita. Please, sit." He gestures to the chair in front of his desk.

I sit down, placing my bag on the floor next to me.

"So, Ms. Jones, I've heard great things about you."

"Um, thanks," I say.

"Here is your schedule." He hands me a piece of paper.

"Thanks." I grab the paper from his hand and look at it. It says:

Period 1: Physics - Rm 204

Period 2: Honors Chemistry - Rm 103

Period 3: AP Calculus - Rm 207

Period 4: English III H - Rm 201

Period 5: Lunch - Cafeteria

Period 6: French III - Rm 105

Period 7: Study Hall - Library

Period 8: Ceramics - Rm 109

"I hope to hear more great things about you, Ms. Jones. Have a good day."

"Thank you, you too Mr. Morita." I smile and turn to leave. I look down at the paper again and see my locker number, 405. Next to it was my locker combination, 28-3-45. I head down the hallway, looking at the numbers as I go. 397, 398, 399.

"Watch where you're going bitch!" I bump into someone, hard. I open my eyes to see a girl with straight blonde hair and piercing green eyes.

"Sorry!"

"Whatever, freak!" She says. The group of kids surrounding her laugh like a pack of hyenas.

I roll my eyes. This wasn't the first time I had been picked on, and it wouldn't be the last. I found my locker and opened it.

"Sorry about them, I promise we're not all like that." I look up and see a girl with wavy brown hair standing next to my locker. She smiled at me, and I could see the sincerity in her dark brown eyes.

"It's okay, I'm pretty used to getting picked on by now." I smile at her.

"I'm sorry, no one should ever feel that way. I'm Sarah Hales, you?

"Samantha Jones, nice to meet you." I hold out my hand and she gladly accepts.

"Well Samantha, I can tell you that I've known you for approximately two minutes and you're already cooler than all of them combined. I mean you have a Captain America shirt on and everything. You're awesome."

I laugh. "Thanks, you seem pretty awesome yourself."

"What class do you have first?"

"Physics, you?"

"Same! Follow me, we can sit next to each other."

"Okay." I close my locker and walk next to her. "So you like Captain America too?"

"Of course! He's my second favorite Avenger, after Iron Man. Here we are!"

We walk through the room and find two seats next to each other.

"Welcome class, my name is Mr. Andrews. I'm your Physics teacher. Welcome to the start of the new year."

Author's Note

She's finally at school, but sadly no Peter yet. She will meet him in the next chapter, I promise! Make sure to vote and comment! I hope you guys are enjoying this!