Harsh. I know. But our parents hate each other. So do our families. Well my parents and my family. We just can't be together. No matter how in love we used to be. No matter how much I might miss him.

Shaking my head and rolling my eyes, I sharply turned the corner and ran into, of all people, of course, Jack. And like in the cliche movies, he dropped all his stuff and I had no other choice than to help him pick it up.

"Woah there, maybe you should slow down, Noodlehead," I joked and he stopped and looked up at me, eyes widening and immediately tackling me with a huge hug. "Ayla! I missed you so much!" he shouted as he held me in a tight hug, not even giving me the chance to get up. "I missed you too, Noodlehead," I laughed.

"How's it been?" he asked me as we continued picking up his stuff. I reached for a large textbook, saying, "Well, it's been great, I guess you could say.. But I missed you guys!" I exclaimed. "We all missed you, Ayla," he replied raising his eyebrows at the word 'all' and giving a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "Dude. Stop," I looked around to make sure no one was listening, "You know it can't happen. Not again," I spoke quietly, so that no one could hear me. Jack's eyes fell, "Can't we just drop that, please," he scoffed. I shook my head aggressively, "Absolutely not." Everyone knew that my family hated the boys families after the whole fiasco.

It was really aggravating for my class to see it happen, me and Daniel had been the class favorites solely because we had been such a great couple. And we were. We just clicked when we were together. I may not have been amazing with my voice 2 years ago, but that didn't stop Daniel from supporting me. He was so good to me. It was a shame to see it all get ripped to pieces because of my parents.

"But why not-" he stopped as I held my finger against his lips. Stopping his words, "You know why," I spoke grimly. Trying not to show the hurt in my face.

I got the last of his things off the ground and stood up to hand them to him. I gave him a quick smile and just remembered, "Hey, why isn't everyone ambushing you and Corbyn?" I joked. Then he merely replied, "Probably because we aren't involved in any of the relationships in this school that need to be fixed," then he walked away, turning back around, "Just kidding. We snuck in through the back. Daniel didn't get the memo," he laughed, quickly holding in the laughter, "Sorry. Bad joke. Bad timing, not funny." I chuckled, waving him goodbye.

I slowly turned around and went into my 1st period class. Trying not to think of Daniel or the boys. Just my luck. Because 2 fifths of the boys walked into the room. Jonah and Daniel.

Daniel gave me a small grin and sat on the complete opposite side of the room. While Jonah went over to sit beside me. "How ya been, Ayla!" he said happily and embraced me in a hug. I looked over his shoulder to see Daniel talking to some of his old friends. "I've been better," I said back, "but I've really missed you guys," I admitted. Jonah puckered his lips and looked over to Daniel.

I sighed putting my head down on the desk, "Why do you all keep reminding me," I said with frustration in my voice. Sighing, he leaned back in his seat, "You guys are made for each other. Can't you just put that behind you?" Jonah suggested.

"I have." I snapped, "My parents on the other hand, would never, and you know how strict they are," I said raising my finger.

Jonah let out a groan and sat back as the bell rang and class began.

-