-Chapter 18-

A sunray greeted the tired eyes of Ciel Phantomhive, when he awoke. Groaning, he was going to turn around his bed and sleep a bit more, but froze.

Bed?

"Good morning. I see you're finally awake."

In mere moments, the young man sat up on his bed and starred at the person standing in front of him. "Sebastian...Good morning, I guess." He replied, looking around the room he was in. He instantly knew he was at Alois's house, from the light purple wallpapers, to the well-known photo frame on the nightstand. It was taken two years ago, at the first school party the blonde male had convinced – actually threatened – Ciel to go. Truth to be told, he had a good time there, much to his surprise. It was written all over their wasted faces from the alcohol.

This was the room he used to sleep in, when Alois was being too much of a bitch, and the poor kid wanted to regain his sanity. There were many times when he had to stay in his friend's house – mostly because in his own home, Ciel was all alone.

Returning his attention back to Sebastian, he noticed that the demon did not utter a single word. As if he waited patiently for Ciel to talk first. He was just standing there, with a dead serious look formed all over his face, and his crimson orbs were guarded.

Ciel assumed, Sebastian was just cautious about his own reaction. Well, he does remember now. Every single thing. Every single detail.

And if Ciel wanted to be completely honest with himself, this situation was awkward as hell.

How was he supposed to react?

"...Can you stop staring at me like I'm a psycho? Last time I checked, my schizophrenia was at a normal level." He snapped, not entirely sure if the demon deserved having him acting like a brat at the moment. But really now, the poor teen just woke up. It was too damn early to deal with everything. Besides, his stomach was practically screaming for attention and care.

As an answer, Sebastian cracked a smirk and nodded, before gesturing to the door to his right. "What do you wish to have for breakfast? I can make anything you want." He said with his usual tone around the mortal, looking like there was nothing wrong with him a few moments ago. But Ciel knew better than that. Though, he wasn't going to question him yet.

"Hmm...I would like some pancakes," he replied nervously, scratching the back of his head. The bluenette knew all too well that, the demon never allowed him to eat anything sweet for breakfast. He could just see the strict frown Sebastian wore whenever he asked for a cake when he was supposed to study. He always said something along the lines of, "you'll leave food on your plate again," or, "It's not healthy for a child to eat so many sweets". Yes, Sebastian was polite, but the shut-up-or-I'm-going-to-tear-your-soul expression he showed always, managed to make the poor child to slightly fear him. Even when they were dating. It was downright frustrating!

The big surprise came, when Sebastian smiled and chirped a, "As you wish, Ciel," before disappearing from the room, heading to the kitchen.

"...Something is seriously wrong with this guy..." The teen commended, breathing out a long sigh. His thoughts were still mixed about all of this.

It was just...weird. He didn't know how to feel or to act about everything.

He flopped back to his bed, glancing over at his phone beside the framed picture. He took it in his hands to check the time and day. It was Sunday, nearly eleven o'clock in the morning and it's December 14th.

Ciel's mismatched eyes nearly popped out when he realized, it was his birthday today. He is turning eighteen years old.

He wasn't going to think around the fact that his birthday "happened" to be in the exact same day, with the one from his previous life. 'Twisted, mongrels. Their sense of humor is revolting...'