"What happened? " I asked.

"Vaidhu you looked damn gorgeous"she said excitedly.

"Stop looking at me like that"i frowned

"I'm sure.Adi will die when he will see you" Priya giggled. I slapped her arm even though i blushed hardly.

"Come. it's already late"she dragged me to the hall.

Adityas POV

Days are passing like wind.  Today is my engagement.. Im really nervous.. But I don't want anyone to know about my situation.  Vikram is teasing me. Stupid. Renu too.  I'm with my family. They are too excited. And I'm a nervous wreck here. Damn! I hope everything will go well

When I reached near the auditorium , where our engagement is supposed to be held

When I reached near the auditorium , where our engagement is supposed to be held. I found myself sweating for no reason. I couldn't believe that men can be too nervous at times. Shekhar uncle and latha aunty was on the entrance.  They welcomed me.
I went inside and got seated. I saw my parents engrossed in a conversation with Vaidhehis parents. Vikram and Renu stood beside me talking to each other and giggling for no reason. My eyes searched for the person whom I wanted to see. Hows she now. It's been long time since we talked. I Don't know what she will be going through.

My chain of thoughts was disturbed by the beautiful tingling of anklets. I felt my heart dancing to its rhythm. And I stood dumbstruck when i passed my eyes up.  She looked gorgeous. Damn!  I can't take my eyes off her. She looked completely different in Saree. her head lowered to the ground. I saw Priya besides her. She brought her towards me and made her  sit besides me.  I need Vikram's help now! My heart was pounding out of my chest. 
I looked at Vaidhehi.  She looked at me and smiled. And the simple smile killed me.
I never thought that one day I'll fall in love with a girl whom I considered as my best friend. Did I love her? I don't know.

Vaidhehi POV

To be frank.. I never thought that he will be looking so innocent today.  I was really nervous. And plus his stare adding fuel to the fire. I tried to look away. I felt him near me. He's nervous too. I could see that.

Just then my eyes fell on the standing figure besides Priya. I couldn't believe my eyes for a second. It's Shiva. How come it happened. To my surprise he was smiling and engrossed in a conversation with Priya. He looked at me And gave a heart soothing smile. Then he walked towards me along with Priya

"Hi vaidhu"he said. I got up. Aditya too got up looking at him.

"I'm Vaidhehis friend" shiva said shaking hands with Aditya. Aditya politely smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you"he said.

I showed a faint smile

"Vaidhu... Adi.. He is my friend Shiva"Priya said making me shock. How can this be possible? 

Shiva came near me and whispered in my ears.

"Congrats Vaidhu.. I know you are surprised.  I know Priya well.  Please be happy. I'm happy for you. Let's forget whatever happened. Let's move on right. Let's be good friends like before"he said. I smiled brightly hearing him.

"Thank you so much shiva" I said. He smiled at me. We posed for a pic and he walked away with Priya.

Later they were asked to exchange the rings by the priest.  They happily exchanged the rings selected by their family. The function ended in a good note..They went back to their respective houses.

Vaidhehi got free from her heavy saree and waited for Priya to have a talk with her

"First tell me.. How do you know Shiva.. ?" She asked.

"Vaidhu. Why are you asking like this. You are shivas friend right. You used to talk a lot about him right" priya said.

"Haan. But you never saw him. How come you both know each other? Tell me stupid"she said

"Okay"

She narrated everything to her. Vaidhehi felt a wave of relief passing through her. She though rejecting Shivas guilt would kill her for lifetime. But now priya gave him a new hope. To lead a life ahead.

---------

Precap - marriage