XVIII. Thirst

Asking a question you alreadyknow just to see if the person will lie.
Unknown

Datrax peered down at massive man laid down on the table and frowned. He couldn't seem to figure out why he acted the way that he did. If he really hit his head hard enough, he wouldn't even be able to walk much less follow someone's orders. No. There was something wrong with his adoptive mother's brother. Something sinister. He knew it the second that Anastasias words rang untrue.

"Have you figured out what is wrong with him?" a husky voice asked and pulled him out of his cloudy mind. He turned to find Nico leaning against the door frame, arms crossed, making his biceps look even bigger. A strange surge of anxiety filled him and he bit the inside of his cheek, looking away. Datrax knew that Nico was just playing him most of the time and he didn't need to give him another reason to tease him again because for Datrax it wasn't just a game.

"No. I can't seem to find the source of his troubles. However, I do know that this is not because of trauma to the head. I have scanned every bit of his body and can't seem to find any traumas of any sort amongst his body," he said confused. The two of them sat in silence as Datrax stared at Artyom, focused on finding a reason.

"You know, you never told me what kind of magic you specialize in," Nico spoke, his deep voice shocking him out of his thoughts.

"Huh... I guess I haven't. Well, when I went to study under Master Apollo, I learned that I worked best with magic that involves anatomy and physiology. So, in other words, healing. However, I can manipulate material things and I learned how to manipulate that weather a bit from Master Apollo and teleportation and war magic from Lillyanna."

Nico stared at him impressed. A feeling of pride overcame him as he looked at Datrax. Healing magic is the most honored and the hardest to do as it requires a massive amount of energy that most warlocks don't have as they are usually born from ordinary human parents.

"I'm impressed," Nico told him and smiled gently when his face flushed pink.

"Come. Let's go check on the sister. I'm sure she's giving Jason a hard time."

The two of them left Artyom breathing softly on the white bed and walked down the stone corridors. They continued to pass many different wooden doors, some open showing the magnificence of the rooms, all with different color schemes. Soon they came across a room where a flickering light could be seen under the door and Datrax's curiosity peaked and he opened the door.

The room had black nearly everywhere. The canopy bed was black, the walls a depressing grey, the furniture and rugs were grey as well as the candles that were burning their last bit of wax. He would bet anything that this was Anastasia's room.

On the side of the room was a little resting area, with plush black chairs and a shiny black table were gold coins laid, stacked upon each other. Nico strolled over and grabbed a massive leather tome. As he looked in it, his jaw clutched with an unknown fury, and his hand gripped the book tightly.

Datrax looked around the room, oblivious of Nico's pain. He walked to the bookshelf and found different books on sorcery and potions. He found it odd that all the books pertained nasty magic and poisonous potions. Things were looking worse than they had before. He feared that Anastasia had in fact poisoned her own brother or put a spell on him.

"Say Datrax... do you happen to know how to read dark magic?"

Datrax muttered an incoherent response back as he stared in morbid fascination with the book in his hand. Within the book it was about the mating process of ogres and how to get them to do your bidding. He didn't understand why she had these strange books in her possession.