VII. Three Choices

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

○William Congreve○

Lillyanna stared at Jameson, her iridescent turquoise eyes clashing with his golden ones. She wondered what kind of man he really was. Other than the fact that he broke one of Homelands biggest rules in a fit of rage and that he was at the young age of two hundred and thirty, there was nothing else that was known about him.

She frowned. Datrax had lead them to his office right above the club to ensure privacy so that they could speak without the supernatural ears to eavesdrop. The room itself had hues of deep red and deep mahogany wood all throughout. It screamed of masculinity.

For a moment she had lost her train of thought looking at him but she came back to reality when Datrax cleared his throat loudly, causing them breaking eye contact on both sides.

Lillyanna glared at Datrax, anger beginning to seep through her veins. Because of him, she was forced to find a fitting punishment for Jameson according to the crime that he had committed. But how was she to do that properly knowing that she'd be putting her soul mate through possible pain and misery?

She sighed. "So Mr. Aldugresh, you already know why you and I are both hear. Would you care to relay me the events that happened," she paused and looked at Datrax.

"September eighteenth 23:42," he filled in and she nodded.

"September eighteenth 23:42," she repeated.

Jameson sighed knowing that there was no way to put it off. "It was my two year anniversary with a woman by the name of Camilla Anderson. My mother was sick, I went to visit her and she got better quicker than expected. So I tried to make it in time to celebrate with her but found her sleeping with a shifter who I used to think of as a friend."

Her heart went to him. While his mother was sick his girlfriend was doing the dirty behind his back with his friend. And on their anniversary.

"I flipped and wanted to scare her a little and make her regret what she did. So I shifted."

She leaned back and stared at the golden chandelier fighting the urge to pull out her hair. Because he was her mate she was fighting to find a way to loosen his punishment. Homeland has three rules known as the big three. Either one could lead you straight to the gallows.

The big one was assault or murder of an elder or one of the high kings or queens. The next was showing your true form to a human who is not you life long mate. Not all supernaturals find a soul mate and can choose a life long mate but must come to the council beforehand. The last is usage of dark malevolent magic, such as necromancy.

The best she could do is give him three options.

"Well, since no one was hurt, I can give you the chance to chose your punishment. You can spend the rest of your immortal life behind bars, head to the gallows or spend or I could give you a task to complete in Black Horned Meadow."

Jameson cocked his head in confusion and she frowned, wondering how long he had spent in the human world.

"What is Black Horned Meadow?"

"It's a small piece of land with black horned unicorns." She told him and he laughed loudly.

"That sounds like a win for me and a possible lose for you. Are you really trying to punish me?"

Lillyanna's eyes narrowed and she made eye contact with Datrax. He on the other hand did not seem to find any of it even slightly humorous.

"Mr. Aldregresh-"