Chapter 48

Six months later

I walked down the staircase slowly; for the first time in my life feeling one hundred percent calm and at peace.

Once I made it to the bottom of the staircase I turned to my right where I found a man standing in his dark jeans and a grey T-shirt.

He quickly pushed me up against the nearby wall and kissed me passionately. My heart skipped a beat as I found myself kissing the man back.

"Get a room" we heard a voice beg a few seconds into the kiss.

We pulled apart and turned to see Chris and Chace holding two brown paper bags filled with groceries. Jack and I both smile making Chace roll his eyes as entering the kitchen.

"Hi" Jack greeted me as our faces sat only a few inches apart.

"Hi" I greeted back. "When chu get here?"

"Five minutes ago" Jack smiled as we began to enter the kitchen "They're sending us to Tokyo, Meiji Shrine tonight"

"Yeah so pack your things" Uncle Jared continued, "I want you two on the next flight out of here"

The job was very last minute to my surprise, because Ashton jobs were usually planned weeks, if not months in advance.

"Why is it so urgent?" I folded my arms.

"The fence that you're meeting with doesn't stay in one place too long" Uncle Jared explaind "if not now we'll hear from him in six months time"

"You will need to be there for about a week or so" Aunt Jamie informed Jack and I.

"Well okay then, I'll go pack" I nodded as Jack and I walked towards the staircase.

"It's gonna be fun" Jack smirked climbed up the steps. "Just you and me in Tokyo" once we stood on the second floor, he then wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close.

I smiled as pressing my lips against his. "I'll see you downstairs" I kissed his soft lips.

Jack nodded as going down the steps.

"Taylorina" I heard my uncle's voice call from his office which I entered slowly. "I want you two to stay professional through this job alright" Uncle Nate ordered as typing on his computer.

That was the most that Uncle Nate had said to me in the last six months. Ever since he admitted to knowing about my association with Gabriello Larrunzario, we both had been staying clear of each other.

I would ask him a question and he would ignore it. The only time he had spoken to me was to put me on a job, even then he was brief.

"When are we not?" I raised eyes with a slight smirk.

"Boston, Orlando, Colorado, Fiji-" Uncle Nate listed.

"Alright, I get it" I rolled my eyes. "You're always three steps ahead ain't you"

My uncle always knew everything, I was convinced that it was because he was trying to keep secrets of his own.

He doesn't answer; in fact, he ended the conversation with a cold silence. I rolled my eyes and walk out of his office slowly.

Once I finished packing, I went down stairs where found Chace sweeping the floor.

"Hey hey" Chace cried as I walked through a pile of dust that he had collected with the broom.

"Sorry" I smirked "hey are you taking us to the airport?"

"Yeah well it's not like I have a choice," he muttered.

I furrowed my brows as Jack came to my side. Chace had been a mood mess for the last six months, for a reason that I wasn't yet aware of.

"You ready?" Jack asked with a smile as my brows were still furrowed at Chace, "Taylor?"

"Yeah" I nodded as reverting my gaze to my boyfriend. "I'm ready"

"I'll take em" Chace narrowed his eyes at Jack as Chace took the suitcases.

The three of us walked through the front yard to the limo. Chace then began loading the bags into the trunk.

"What's going on with you huh?" I whispered from beside Chace.

"Taylor" Jack called from the back of the limo.

"Go on" Chace raised a brow "join your boyfriend"

I rolled my eyes as sliding into the back seat beside Jack. "Jack" I smiled whilst he kissed my neck as Chace began driving down the street, "Hmm Jack"

"Maybe we should put on some music" Chace suggested as the dark night shined through the tinted windows.

At that moment Chace bumped up the radio which was playing Bon Jovi's livin' on a prayer. The radio was on full blast the entire forty minutes car ride to JFK airport.

Chace was really pushing it; I swear 2009 was the worse year for our friendship. I mean, in 2009 I didn't even like Chace, he was an annoying spoiled brat who only cared about himself.

In 2009, he was behaving like that rich kid that my family expected to be dealing with when we first kidnapped him back in 2003. Little did I know that the rich kid act was just an act.

If I could give my nineteen-year-old self a piece of advice, I would tell her that the worse is yet to come.

-------------------

Hi all,

So Taylor has a new love interest. There's a lot of men in her life but who do y'all ship her with?

Please vote

Thank you

Enjoy!