Chapter 33

Explaining to Chris's siblings what he had told me wasn't easy. They were both so overprotective of Chris, that they would never allow him to be put him away - even if it was for his own protection.

"C'mon" Tyler cried, slamming his hand against the wooden kitchen table.

"That's what he said" I rubbed my temples with my finger tips.

"No way" Tyler shook his head violently.

"It's for the best" I assured.

"No!" He argued, "my brother will not be locked away in some institution—"

"Its not an institution" I rolled my eyes, "the Koleawiskis have-"

"Its his own choice!" Lila screamed at her brother, "no one is forcing him-"

We called Lila as soon as Chris calmed down, and she came straight home for her brother. We didn't tell John and Vanessa due to how hectic things were with the wedding soon approaching.

"They'll drug him up with a med cocktail three times a day to the point where he won't be Chris anymore—" Tyler explained.

"They'll help him!" Lila argued.

We were all screaming over the top of each other, not even listening each other. I understood what Tyler was saying, but I knew if we didn't let the Koleawiskis take him then Chris would get worse.

"They'll destroy him!" Tyler yelled in fear.

Zac sat around the kitchen table, observing emotionlessly. He looked guilty, at the time I didn't quite understand why.

"He made me promise that we wouldn't let him get out of there!" I explained, "this is what he wants"

"He doesn't know what he wants!" Tyler spat, waving his hands in the air frantically. "he doesn't know what he's doing right now and I got a hole in my shoulder to prove it!"

"If we let him go he'll try again" Lila explained, "is that what you want?"

She sat at the table with her forehead resting on her hand, looking down at her shoes, completely exhausted. Lila was the rock of the family, nothing could ever break her. However, in that moment, I watched as she began to crumble.

"No, of course not!" Tyler shouted.

"Kids!" Aunt Kat entered the kitchen, "arguing isn't helping, it's not fixing the situation, look I've just come back from the basement—"

"And what has he said?" Lila shot her head up.

Aunt Kat sighed. "He say's that wants to be locked away somewhere as far away from here as possible" she finished.

"No!" Tyler shook his head violently. "It's no happening"

"The Koleawiskis have a practise in Canada" aunt Kat explained. "They will help him there.

"No!" Zac jumped from his seat in fear "no you can't!" He glared at Kat dangerously.

We hadn't heard a word leave his lips since I got Chris to put the gun down.

"Zac?" I glared at him in shock.

"Anywhere but Canada" Zac begged me, with wide eyes.

"Why?" Aunt Kat folded his arms.

Zac paused for a moment. "He's got weak lungs" he pointed out, "Canada's cold...he'll get pneumonia"

I furrowed my brows at Zac. I was the only one who knew Zac and Chris inside out, I knew for certain that he was lying about his intentions. What I didn't know was why.