Chapter 24

When I arrived in Ohio, I immediately checked into my hotel and unpacked my things. It was the 14th of August 2008, I was in the city of Ohio, taking an art class to get to know Mrs Andrea Concertino, whose husband was a part of an exportation site for stolen paintings. That assignment was the only glimpse of freedom that I had seen since uncle Donny was killed.

It was ten o'clock am when I was standing behind my canvas and easel, along with fourteen other girls. We all stood in a circle, waiting for the nude model to arrive.

"Do you think she'll let me get a coffee?" A deep voice asked from behind me.

From experience, I knew that the only people who brought food and beverages into an art studio were the ones with a death wish. I turned around slowly to tell him just that.

"I wouldn't, she'll most likely...." I trailed off when my eyes meet his, "Gabe?"

And then it all came back, the addictive kisses, his soft hazel eyes, the olive skin tone, the chocolate brown hair. The last time that I had seen Gabriello Larrunzario, was nocte fractorum - the night uncle Donny was killed, six months earlier.

"Taylor" Gabe smiled.

What is he doing here? Are we on the same job?

"What are you-" I raised my brows.

"When you're ready Mr Smith" Mrs Concertino, the woman running the art class looked over to Gabe.

That's when I realised he was wearing a robe. Gabe walked into the centre of the circle before dropping his robe, revealing every inch of his body.

I stood stunned for a moment while everyone else began painting. Once I had recovered, I picked up my paint brush.

When the class was over, I hid behind my canvas.

"Not bad," Gabe admired from behind me.

"You can't say that when the subject is you" I smirked, twisting my body around slowly.

"Well you paint it well" he half smiled. "How you been?"

"Well...." I trailed off.

It was a hard question. If it were anyone else asking I would have said that I was well, without any hesitation but Gabe wasn't just anyone. He knew me too well.

"That bad huh?" He cocked a brow.

I shook my head slowly "No...everything's fine"

"I heard about your uncle," he admitted, "if it makes you feel better three of my uncles also died that night..."

"I'm sorry" I looked down.

"No, you're not" he lifts my chin.

"I've missed you" I chewed on my lower lip.

"I've missed you too....but really how have you been?" He repeated himself.

"Better" I admitted.

Now that you're here.

"I know that feeling," Gabe nodded while we walked out the studio. "How's Katie?"

Surprisingly, Katie managed to fit right in to the Ashton family. After all, she hated the Larrunzario's as much as we did.

"Good" I nodded. "....so what are you doing here?"

"Same as you" he informed me, "investigating the transmission site"

"Hmm...well its nice to see you with some clothes on" I smiled as we climbed down the stairs. "I mean, couldn't you just take the class like I did"