19 | 🎀

"My dad is getting married!" Indigo sings as she twirls around her bed. I smile softly and ruffle up her hair, "Yes, now sleep" I reply to her watching her jump. "I'm gonna have two dads! How cool is that!? Two amazing dads!". She exclaims as she shakes her teddy bear with such force. Almost seems like she wants to kill it, I chuckle softly at the sight.

"Princess go to sleep please, dad's tired" I tell her as I lay down on her bed. I feel the bed sink near me and then I felt Indigo's heavy breathing on my cheek. I open one eye and look up at her, "No" Is all she replies before she giggles and leaps out of her bed. I groan, "Jesus Christ, you damn child" I say before getting up and running after her.

The hallway was the only thing that was lit but the rest of the house was in total darkness. So it was creepy knowing how kids can be in the darkness. So I decided to grab a flashlight and look around for my daughter. Her random giggling would scare me at first but once I got used to it. I was using it to lure me to her but she kept moving around fast. I decided to look at the stove's clock.

12:57 PM it read.

As I made my way into the kitchen, someone started knocking on the door. I jumped once I heard my daughter's loud scream and watched her run pass me. "No more scary movies for you!" I yell at her before checking the kitchen door's window. Once I saw who it was I pulled open the door and revealed a smiling Evan while holding up a donuts bag. "Hey," he says as he walks into the house placing the donuts bag on the counter. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask him as I take his coat and hang it up. "Um decided to stop by and eat some donuts" Evan replied as he sat on a chair. "It's 12 in the morning Evan, and how did you get donuts?" I reply him making my way to the light switch.

"Oh I know a donut shop that is open 24 hours a day" Evan replied as he watched me. I walked to him and sat beside him, "Well since you brought the donuts why not make some coffee". I say as I squeeze his hand before getting up and plugging in the coffee maker. "Yay coffee!" Indigo shouts as she runs to Evan and leaps on his lap. She then tilts her head back to look at him, "Can I call you dad now?" She asks him. Evan chuckles softly and replies to her question, "Yes". Indigo hollers in a cheer and fist bumps the air before leaping off of Evan.

She then ran to me and leapt onto my back clinging quickly before she fell. I laugh a bit along with Evan, "You want hazel nut?" I ask Indigo as I prepare her small coffee. "Yes please" she replies and leaps off. I smile and grab two cups for me and Evan and make my way to the table. I place them down and turn around to see Indigo trying to reach her cup. "Careful" I tell her as I approach her, Indigo turns to me and watches as I grab her cup. She grins happily once I hold it in front of her and takes the cup, "Thank you daddy!" She exclaims and walks to her little couch.

Evan watches her with a smile and takes a sip of his coffee.

-                                                                     -

"Five days til the big day" Evan says when he turns to look at me. I smile softly and nod, "Excited?" I ask him. "Very" He replies and snuggles close to me, "What about you?" He then asks. I run my fingers through his hair, "Terrified" I reply him. Evan nuzzles his face into my stomach making me giggle. "Don't be, I'll be by your side" He replies looking up at me while resting his chin on my stomach.

"I love you" I tell him as I look into his chocolate brown eyes. Evan smiles and replies, "I love you too sweet cheeks". I raise a eyebrow and giggle, "Thank you honey" I tell him as I lean down to plant a kiss on his forehead. Evan then grins and smirks with a mischievous glint in his eye. "What are you thinking?" I question him weary of what he'll reply. Evan just continues to smirk until he quickly dips his arms around my waist and starts tickling me.

I gasp and squeal and cup my mouth as I squirm around trying to push him off with one hand. Evan only laughs and continues to tickle me faster. I continue to laugh and soon start to scream a bit. God I hate it whenever I scream but I can't contain it. "Dad!" Indigo exclaimed as she kicked open the door. Evan froze and looked at Indigo with wide eyes, "Holy shit" he said. Indigo in go red whatever Evan said and ran to the bed leaping on it. "Are you okay!?" She exclaims as she crawls to me and grips my arm. Her eyes were full of worry that I coughed a bit before calming down and smiled softly at her.

"I'm all right sweetie, Evan was just tickling me" I replied to her as I ran my hand through her hair. Indigo let's out a soft sigh, "Okay good" She says. "She just kicked the door..." Evan states looking at her shocked. "She's also punched through a glass door in excitement". I reply to him making Evan look at her weirdly so I go and grab Indigo's right arm. I lift it up and reveal Evan the scar she holds and which is proud of. "Why did she do it though?" Evan asked as he sat up. "She was too excited for the party and the door was stuck and yes we did try to open it with something else but it decided to crack with small punch". I explain to him making Indigo giggle.

"She's so tiny and skinny" Evan says making me shrug and Indigo glare at Evan. Which he chuckles nervously and lifts his hands up, "Sorry" he tells her.