Sent back

I have been in this foster home for about a month. I could tell they are starting to get frustrated with me since they've basically given up. They said I should go to bed an hour ago, but I couldn't fall asleep.

I got up out of bed to get water. I walked out of the room and heard talking from my foster parent's room.

"I really can't handle her anymore. She doesn't respect us!" Marisa yelled.

"We can bring her back tomorrow," Oliver sighed.

I sprinted to my bedroom and started shoving everything in my bag. Tears spilling from my face. Everyone hates me!

After I finished packing I ran out of the house. Accidentally slamming the door. I think my foster parents noticed.

"SUMMER!" They yelled. I ignored them and continued running. After I couldn't see them anymore and I was far away. I tripped on something and that's when everything went black.

———————————————-

I woke up in a familiar feeling bed. Completely opening my eyes I looked around. Damn it. I was back in the foster care centre. Of course, they found me. I looked at my knees and they were bandaged and blood seeped through slightly, my hands too. Probably from when I tripped.

"SUMMER! Get down here," a muffled yell from downstairs got me out of bed completely. I made my way downstairs and noticed a really tall man. He was the guy who I bumped into a while ago.

"This young fellow wanted to... umm foster you," Emily, my social worker said. She sighed knowing there's no hope for me. "He brought you back here. You were on the ground outside, apparently."

I looked at him in disbelief. Then I built up all the courage to yell.

"Why would you bring me back here!" Tears threatening to fall. He sighed.

"Well-," I gestured him to continue. "I couldn't just leave you out there. Something could've happened."

"I deserve to die out there anyway," I muttered. He shook his head.

"Of course you don't!" He said. Emily handed me my small backpack.

"I am not going!" I argued.

"Yes, you are," Emily copied my voice. "This man, ahem, name.. sir?"

"Daveed, Daveed Diggs," he smiled enthusiastically.

"Ok, so Daveed truly wants to foster you," Emily explained.

"Fine," I muttered, knowing I clearly don't have a choice. "Also can I have my iPod back?" I asked crossing my arms. She was hesitant.

"I may or may not have thrown it out," she looked down at her feet.

"Are you fucking kidding me!" I nearly yelled.

"Language!" She matched my tone.

"Sorry."

I put my backpack on my shoulder and angrily followed Daveed out to his car. I hopped in the passengers' seat and closed the door. Putting my seatbelt on, as Daveed started the car.

"So, how old are you?" He asked pulling from the parking spot. None of my foster parents tried to make conversation with me, so this is new.

"I-i'm 12," I stuttered. I looked out the window,
It was still dark outside.

"What time is it?" I asked still glancing out the car window admiring the city.

"It's pretty late, almost 11," he said paying attention the road. I nodded. I yawned and slowly started to drift off into a dreamless sleep.

——————-———

Thanks for reading. Sorry if there are mistakes. I wrote most of this on the bus ok bye!

Edited finally...