23. There Are Plans to Be Made, Tests to Be Taken

Start from the beginning

"Anyway," I breathed. "Can we please get on to the reason why we're here?"

"Why are we here?" Lewi questioned curiously, finally stopping his assault on the table. Matthew was the only other person, beside myself, that knew of this reason. The whole point of the meeting was to fill the other two in and figure out what actions we would take after all.

"Well," I started, sitting up straighter. "First off, be careful of what you think and do from here on out. Horan is more than likely watching." This bit of information peaked their interest, and they all nodded their heads in understanding. "Now, I'm sure we all know Louis Tomlinson, right?" All of our faces automatically scrunched up at the name, and the taste left on my tongue after saying it was bitter.

"Sadly," Lewi remarked.

"Oh bloody hell, here we go again," Elijah drawled sarcastically. "What's he done this time?"

"He, apparently, broke the first rule," Matthew informed, voice calmer than I would've ever been able to manage.

"Are ya fuckin' shittin' me?" Elijah was out of his seat now, more than likely looking for something that he could punch or throw that could easily be replaced.

"And how do you know that?" Lewi asked. He looked calm, but the rapid bouncing of his leg and the fact that he was gripping onto the table so tightly that it was splintering told me otherwise. I knew the table wasn't going to last long.

"Thirlwall decided to visit earlier and informed me. Even supplied proof," I responded, chucking the picture onto the table. "Lovely lady, that one."

"Great. Just fuckin' great."

"Elijah, sit back down. I don't feel like cleaning up any of your messes right now," Matthew commanded, greenish-blue eyes trained on the pacing figure. Elijah begrudgingly complied, but that didn't stop him from punching a hole straight through the solid concrete wall first. "You're fixing that later," Matthew sighed, tone long-suffering.

"Whatever," Elijah snapped. "So what're we gonna do? Surely we aren't gonna let this one go, right?" He demanded.

"We can't let this go. He broke the most important rule and he has to be punished now," Lewi spoke, serious mode on.

"And he will," I agreed, popping my knuckles as I stretched my still clasped hands. "They all will."

"Wait, all?"

"Yes. The four of them knew fully of Tomlinson's actions," I explained, "And they chose to hide it from us. For that, they will all bear the brunt. I'm sure they're well aware of the fact by now."

"Are ya shittin' me?" Elijah exclaimed. "Even Payne? Malik, too?"

"All of them, Elijah. And please, stop swearing and screaming so much," Matthew sighed, rubbing his temples as if it were possible for him to have a headache.

"Ya want me to remain calm when Tomlinson's gone and turned a fuckin' human? Bollocks," Elijah scoffed. "I'm tellin' ya, ya should've let me have a go at the sod back when he 'accidentally' released that influenza back in nineteen-eighteen."

"Well if I'd have known then that Payne wasn't planning on keeping his word, I would've easily agreed," I nearly snarled. "But I didn't."

"This is irresponsible, even for Tomlinson. What in the fuck was he thinking?" Lewi wondered incredulously.

"He wasn't," Elijah seethed. "He never does."

"True. At least you don't have to share a name with him..."