Spinning Tops ||Shinah x Reader||

To lori20365: Thank you for your amazing patience. I quite liked this one, hope you do tooo!!!!! :3

One by one, they began to die before the snow, and like the snow, they continued to fall. Endlessly, like the things in life that man had yet to discover. The weak ruling of the current King Il was far from beneficial to the country, yet he thought quite the contrary. Because of his very thinking, he was only bringing more turmoil to the kingdom he so loved.

They came, and robbed from the people of the Blue Dragon's village. No earthly materials as such, but things of a far greater importance; family. With the kingdom failing in producing the resources needed without weaponry as such, more and more citizens gave up on the nonsensical logic of the daft king of Kouka and migrated to elsewhere. The soldiers demanded more workers from behind the scenes, and no better place to retrieve them than from the overly-populated village in the mountains.

But the adults were too stubborn; that was the only setback for the kidnappers. So instead, the children were the best option. Small, helpless, defenceless, and with little to no struggle to drag away. The strange people were never discrete in entering upon the mysterious territory of the Blue Dragon's village; they made sure they made their presence known to strike fear in those who may oppose.

"I got my spinning top, Blue~!" (Y/N) gleefully called out to her Blue Dragon friend. The young boy wearily turned his head around as he looked to see her approaching him, returning from her family's hut. Not many children were around anymore, and some of the grownups had fled from the village in order to save themselves from being taken to, essentially, a labour camp. And so, she was all he really had left. Even if there were more children to play with, they wouldn't have decided to play with him anyway. (Y/N) was different.

Sitting on the rocky slope of the mountain side, the two observed the miraculous colours that whirled around in a blur of fantasy and dream-like imagery. It turned out that the ground's surface wasn't flat enough, and so the toy went off track and fell down the deep slope of the mountainside, like a loose rock tumbling down a cliff's edge into the far world below. The two friends watched after it as it grew further and further away from them, knowing full well that they would be breaking a major rule in the village were they to go and simply retrieve what was within their eyesight.

"Oh, we can't go down there," (Y/N) spoke dejectedly, sad to have lost her favourite possession.

"I can go..."

"No, Blue! The village elder said we're not allowed to! You'll get into lots and lots of trouble."

"I can go quickly while Ao isn't looking," the boy responded with a deadpanned voice. He came across that way, the boy (Y/N) called 'Blue.' But all his intentions and actions were from the purest of hearts. (Y/N) was too young to understand why none in the village were allowed to be involved with the Blue Dragon in any way, for he was just a normal human child like she was. But the boy himself knew that he was so much more different; a key that didn't fit the mould like everyone else.

Two hands grabbed hold of his own hand from behind, gently pulling him backwards to stop him from continuing forward. "Don't!" Her voice was risen slightly and caused slight attention, but the villagers quickly dismissed the unusual behaviour, for they began to not care for (Y/N) as much, either. Any who chose to be with the 'cursed soul of the blue dragon', would be treated with lesser respect as if they were the dragon warrior themselves. It was only fair, according to their leader.

"But I want to get it... for you," Blue argued back. It wasn't like him to not give in so quickly and fall to obedience to anyone speaking to him, even those who were younger than himself. If that was the way to get someone to like him, then so be it. But he knew that (Y/N) already liked him for who he was, and on her own free will. As absurd as it sounded to the boy and the rest of the people, he believed it.