Fate Decides ||Kija x Reader|| Fluff(?) & Angst

To: ThatCuteSylveon: WOOOOO WE'RE BACK.

"Are you really sure you want to do this?"

"More than sure. I can't stay here any longer. I want to explore, and see the world for myself."

"That is true, but it is dangerous out there. What if-"

"I'll be fine, White Dragon."

"Please, I told you to call me Kija."

With the night's veil creating a beautiful darkness over the white dragon's village, the white dragon warrior conversed with (Y/N). "Close friends" was what the other villagers referred the two as, but they knew they were closer than that. Much closer. With a glum feeling pulsing through the dragon's soul, he sighed hopelessly.

"It isn't like we won't ever see each other again; this isn't goodbye."

"I know, but-"

"Kija... I'm sorry you can't come with me. But I've become desperate. This isn't how I want to live anymore; isolated from the rest of the world in one small village that is practically unknown to anyone outside."

"...Are we really going to see each other again? I get the feeling you will be travelling around the country for some time."

"If we believe that we are meant to be together, then we'll let fate prove it to us. If we are meant to be, I know you will find me." The beautiful girl (Y/N) grabbed a homemade sack that lay on the ground beside her, filled with essential things to keep her going out in the alien cities and villages.

Setting it over her shoulder, she was more than ready. She stepped closer to the one who was precious to her, and wrapped her arms around his sullen figure. "Believe me when I say... I love you."

"And I you." Kija pulled away and forcibly held (Y/N)'s shoulders. "Swear to me that you will run away at the slightest hint of danger, and you will keep yourself healthy and strong." (Y/N) smiled gently at the warrior's soft heart. The title "dragon warrior" was misleading as it gave the impression of a fierce monster of war and battle. But when (Y/N)'s heart drifts to her loved one, she thinks not of his fighting destiny set out for him, but of his gentle heart.

"I swear on King Hiryuu's name," she replied with her hand in the air as if to take an oath.

"Then... I wish you good luck," Kija said, as he knew it was time to give in. He pulled her a little closer and softly kissed her cheek, wishing that this girl wasn't so definite in her decisions.

Slowly, she parted from his side and backed into the mysterious darkness, not turning away from the one she loved until he was out of her sight.

That was four years ago.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Pleasure doing business with you, ma'am." The silver currency jingled in (Y/N)'s hands as she handed over the basket of vegetables. "Have a lovely day!" she smiled warmly.

"Wow, lots of people want to buy your things, Miss (Y/N)!. That has to be like the one hundredth sale today!"

"I wish it was. How ever many sales I made today, I've made enough money to keep me going for the next couple of weeks!" (Y/N) shook the small bag holding all of her profit she had made that day. From only looking at how much the small bag sinks at the bottom, you could tell it weighed a decent amount in her hands. "I should be finished for today then."

"I'll help you pack up then!" a boy, whom had been assisting (Y/N) for the past few days, cheerfully offered. Although he was younger than she by at least three years, it didn't stop from either one considering the other as a best friend.