He suddenly stuck out his hand to me, and I noticed a large cut with blood slightly dripping out located on the palm of his hand.

"Treat it." The guy rudely ordered as he stuck out his hand closer to me.

Although I was offended by his hostile tone, I felt bad for his bleeding hand so I hurriedly grabbed some disinfecting wipes and a roll of bandage.

I lightly took his hand and began to clean the blood off of his palms, gently stroking it so I wouldn't hurt him.

His hand was so big and brawny compared to my tiny, pale hands.

"H-How did you even get this cut?" I asked him, trying to break the awkward atmosphere in this room.

"I fell while I was playing soccer." He said as he innocently shrugged his shoulders.

After a few minutes, I finally finished treating his hand.

"There you go." I said as I returned the bandages back in the cabinet.

"Hey, what's your name? You look really familiar." The guy curiously asked as he began to briefly examine my face with his large eyes.

"M-My name's Kim Aera." I nervously stuttered, blushing from his intent stare on me.

He suddenly gasped, pointing at my face as if he had just remembered something.

"I know you! You're the girl who always gets bullied!"

Ouch.

That hurt.

I mean, he wasn't wrong, but knowing that my reputation was known as "the girl who always gets bullied" was pretty embarrassing and sad.

A weak smile displaying on my face, I slowly shifted my gaze to the ground, not knowing how to reply to his sudden remark.

"Why don't you ever fight back?" He curiously asked.

I fearfully clenched my fists as I reluctantly bit my lower lip.

"I-I'm afraid..."

The guy let out a scoff.

"Of what?" He asked.

Of course he wouldn't understand.

He would never understand all the torment and misery I had to go through all these years.

He would never understand how much pain I've had to endure.

"I'm afraid of being hurt, more than I already am. I'm so sick and tired of being judged and labelled as 'ugly' and 'worthless' by everyone." I muttered, my voice slightly trembling as I expressed my sorrows into my words.

The guy stayed silent.

He probably thinks I'm an idiot, right?

That I'm so stupid for even thinking that I wasn't a loser.

I slowly shut my eyes as I prepared myself to receive hurtful comments from him.

But instead, I felt a gentle pat on my head.

"It's okay, Aera."

I slowly looked up at him, taken back by what he had just said to me.

"That's how they control you. They force you to believe that you're almost average at best. And with this, you forget about your worth."

He gradually brought his large hands down to my cheeks, lightly caressing it as he gave me a warm, assuring smile.

"Don't let them control you, Aera. Don't let them define you or set your limitations."

The guy softly cupped my right cheek, causing my heart to feel this weird sensation that I've never experienced before.

"And besides, you're not ugly at all. You're fucking beautiful."

My cheeks immediately flared up, instantly turning into an extremely dark shade of red.

Who is he?

Is he an angel?

How could someone be so whole-hearted and cause so many emotions to spark inside of me with just his words?

I had to know who he was.

"C-Can I ask you some-"

But before I could ask him anything, the door forcefully opened in a rather aggressive manner, causing the two of us to hastily shift our attention to the door.

There stood another relatively good-looking student in his PE jacket, holding a soccer ball in one arm with an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

"What's taking you so long Taehyung?!"

Tae...hyung?

I'm guessing this guy in front of me was Taehyung?

"Ah, sorry Jungkook. I'll be there soon I promise." Taehyung said as he shooed him off with his hands.

That Jungkook guy suddenly gave me a dirty look, probably disgusted at the fact that a loner like me was even talking to his friend.

With that, he walked away with the door open for Taehyung to follow after him.

Taehyung stood up from his seat and placed his hands in his pocket.

"Well, thanks for treating my hand Aera. See you around."

He gave me one last smile, and exited the room.

I just sat there with the sound of my heart thumping echoing through my body, just shocked from everything that just happened within this short period of time.

Tae...hyung.

Tae..hyung.

Taehyung.

Just the sound of his name caused my heart to flutter like crazy.

I mean, why wouldn't he make me feel happy?

He just came into my life out of nowhere, painted a rainbow onto my distressed heart, and actually made me feel better about myself.

I took a deep breathe, plastered a big grin on my face, and headed out of the room to go back to class.

Lies | kim taehyung ffOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara