Ch.15 Slow Steps

It's been well over five hours since Y/N went into surgery. They should be almost done. Doctors said that the surgery shouldn't be more than five hours. But yet here I was with Zac. The girls and everyone else was at home. They didn't want to be here and make Y/N feel uncomfortable or something with so many faces so it was just Zac and I. We were in the waiting room. To be completely honest I was starting to get impatient. They said that-no Lauren think positive your baby will be fine. I sighed and looked at the hall that lead to ER room. That's were the surgery is taking place. I can't take this anymore. I know I should be more patient but I've never been good at that.

"Relax Lauren. You're making me nervous." I snapped out of my thoughts. I rubbed my sweaty palms over my jeans as I sighed. "Sorry." He shook his head and slumped into his chair. "Don't be." As soon as he was done saying that a doctor came out in light blue scrubs. He looked around and saw Zac. He smiled and walked towards us making both Zac and I to stand up. "How is she? How did the surgery go? Is she okay? What's-Zac the surgery went great all we have to do is wait until she wakes up to see if it worked but we're more than positive that it did. You can go in she's in the room she was in before. But just try to let her rest. When she wakes up she'll feel a bit sore her speech will be impaired for a bit that's not permanent she'll also suffer from blurred vision from time to time, lost of balance and she'll feel tired every once in a while. Other that she should be fine. You can go ahead. I'll be in there once she wakes up so I could check on her." The doctor explained everything and smiled as he walked away.

I looked at Zac who nodded and signaled me to follow him. We both quickly speed walked towards the room. Once we reached the door he quietly opened the door. I looked towards the bed to see that my baby was asleep with an oxygen mask on her mouth and nose and a bandage around her head. I took the seat on one side and Zac took the other side. It was silent until Zac spoke up. "You know when you knocked on my door with Y/N by your side. I couldn't be happier. I thought someone took her and I was losing it. Police officers kept telling me that I had to wait 24 hours to report that my girl was missing. I was going crazy when I couldn't find her but then you knocked with my little girl by your side. I don't know what I would have done if I lost her. She's the only thing I have that reminds me of her mother. When you left she couldn't stop talking about you and how pretty you were. I was surprised she remembered you so quickly. She kept talking about your eyes . And how beautiful they were. I see the way you look at her Lauren." He stopped to look at me. I felt my heart get warm at how he talked about his daughter and how much he cared about her. "Lauren I know you got a bright future a head of you. But if your not going to stick around and-I'm not planning on going anywhere. I know it's been only two months since we met almost three months now. But I've never felt like how I feel for Y/N." I said holding Y/N's hand. It's true. When I dated Luis I never felt the way I felt for Y/N. When I dated Lucy we both figured it'd be best if we just stayed friends. Ty nor Brad were a real relationship they were both stupid PR stunts.

He nodded and smiled.

*

Couple Hours Later

"D-Daddy?" My head snapped up when I heard the voice I was very much in love with. I looked at her and she was looking around the room confused. "Yes pumpkin I'm right here." She looked up at him confused. "Y-You l....loook difffferent. D-Did yyou cuuut yyour h-hair?" I looked at Zac and he looked at me and then down at her. "Pumpkin what's the last thing you remember?" She looked around the room her eyes landing on me. She smiled. "H-Hello. Y-You a-are b-beautiful." I frowned slightly seeing she didn't remember me. Doctor said that this might happen.

"You're really beautiful to." She blushed and looked away. I smiled seeing that I still had that affect on her. "The doctor is on his way." Zac said as he looked back at Y/N. "D-Daddy wh-who.....i-is th-the b-beautiful g-girl." Y/N whispered as if I couldn't hear her. But I made it seem like I couldn't hear her.

"That's your girlfriend." Zac whispered back. I looked at Y/N to see that she was looking at me with a smile but once she saw that I was looking at her she looked away. "M-Mine." She asked surprised. "Yup pumpkin you got yourself a very pretty girl." I smiled as I looked down. "Sh-She r-really b-beautiful." I felt my cheeks heat up. I looked back up when I felt her eyes on me. She smiled sweetly. She opened her mouth to say something but before she could the doctor came in.

"Y/N glad to see your awake. How are you feeling?" The doctor smiled. I looked back at Y/N to see her smile away. "I-I....a-am o-okay. Sh-She i-is mmmy g-girlfriend." She smiled as she pointed at me. I couldn't help the smile that made it's to my face. She looked so proud to be calling me her girlfriend.

"Oh really. What's her name?" I felt my heart tighten. She doesn't know my name. She didn't know who I was when she woke up. I looked at Y/N surprising me when I saw her smile. She's smiling. Why is she smiling.

"L-Lolo. Sh-She i-is mmmy L-Lolo. O-Only mmmine." I couldn't help the smile that started to form. She knows me. She remembers me. She remembered me. The things worked. They worked. I leaned up and kissed her cheek. She giggled. "Ah I see. Okay sweetie I'm just going to ask you some questions. Okay." I looked back at Y/N who nodded.

He asked her about how she was feeling and what she remembered which as of right now wasn't much. So he gave her some medicine she'll take for the headaches and he also said that if we had any photos that could help her remember. Which of course we did.

"It'll take her some time actually remember things. Since everything looks normal and healthy she's good but I'd like for her to stay in the hospital for a couple more days. Just so I could triple check things. If her headaches start to be too much give her the medicine but they keep hurting her bring her back." Zac nodded as he listened carefully. I looked back at Y/N to see she was playing with the ring that grandma gave me. I smiled remembering she did the exact same thing when I took her home when she got lost.

These are slow steps but also big steps. And I'm going to be here for her every step of the way.

***

Hopefully y'all like it 😊😊😊😊

💜✌🏽

      -M