Chapter 23

Sure,how could I say no to this cutie pie here"

Oh fuck!

Emma was silently glaring at the older woman,Why did she say yes?.How Emma wish that she didn't ask.

"G-great"Emma stammered letting out a sour smile."We'll go ahead".

"Bye bye Gina"Peter said.

"Ohkay,let's go kid,you still wanna see those penguins right"Emma said to distract Peter,hearing the kid call her boss by her nickname still doesn't process in to Emma's system.

"Ms. Emma!"Aubrey called after Emma as they were about to exit the building.Unfortunately her voice was to loud that Regina also turn around curious as to who is calling Emma.Her eyebrows raised as she noticed how the other woman is literally throwing herself at the blonde.

"Ms. Mills"a voice from behind spoke tearing away Regina's focus on Emma and Aubrey.

"Who are you?"She asks

"Oh,ahmm sorry,I forgot to introduce myself,I'm Ariel mam,I-I'm the general manager of this hotel"Regina crosses her arms giving her full attention to Ariel who now feels like she's gonna faint,it's her first close encounter with Regina.

"Hmm,so what do you want?"Regina replied dryly.

"The council would like to confirm y-your
(clears throat) attendance in today's close door meeting and also..."while Ariel was running through Regina's schedule,Regina can feel herself distracted by the two blondes talking.

"Who is she?"she ask out of the blue.

"...Mam?"Ariel sounds confuse.

"That woman Swan is talking to who is she?"she pointed

"Oh,that's Aubrey she's assigned at the front desk,do you want me to call her Ms. Mills?"

"No,and by the way tell them I'll attend all of my remaining appointments for the day and I want you to clear my schedule starting tomorrow"

"Right away Ms. Mills"

***
Meanwhile Emma is now carrying sleeping Peter to her car.After settling him at the back,she went to the driver's seat and sighed deeply.Her mind drifted to her conversation with Peter awhile ago

Pete,did she really allow you to call her Gina?
Yeah,Gina told me,I look like his little prince...

Little prince?Does Ms. Mills have a child(phone ringing).One thing that Emma learned from the previous days is to look at the caller ID before answering.

"Aunt,how's the conference?"

"good,we just finished the first leg,how's Pete?what did you two do all day?"

"Well let's see......I bet you know what Emma is thinking right now"

"Em?"

"Hm?ahh right sorry I got distracted,anyways me and Pete went to see penguins and panda's and all those other animals in his books,it's really crazy he almost jump off the fence to feed one of those chimpanzees but other than that I say we had a blast."

"That's wonderful,sorry about Pete,you know that child can be handful at times"the older woman chuckled.

"Yeah in fact we are going on a camping... right tomorrow"

"Just the two of you?"

"Y-yeah,it's just the two of us"Emma started to get nervous.

"Okay,have a safe trip tomorrow,just keep me updated Em"