Chapter Twenty-Three: Steven is Gay?!

George

It's been two days already and Dana hasn't moved a single part of her body, yet. And what's shocking is that Steven and Justin has always been acting weird around me. Steven is already weird, I know, but this time it's different. He hasn't been acting jolly and energentic like before. He always seem to let out nervous gestures and facial expressions while he's walking past or talking to me. While Justin keeps forcing him to say something that I couldn't figure out what and everytime I'll ask Steven, he'll just say things like 'nevermind' or 'it's nothing.'

However, Justin is still sad about what has happened to Dana. He hasn't left this huge overpriced hospital ever since he came here. I will have to buy him take-outs and necessities outside sometimes when the caféteria here doesn't have the food he likes or when he decides to take a few showers and brush his teeth.

And where does he shower? That's the million dollar question. He showers in the public toilet of this hospital. It's not really gross or something, because the place is really fancy-as in they have small sofas inside the toilet?! Heck, I find it weird and amusing at the same time. Who uses sofa inside the public toilet? And each cubicle can fit ten persons in each.

But enough describing how the public place looks.

It has already been weeks, I really miss Bella. . .she's pregnant and I want to check on her. Feed her, wake up next to her, and take care of her every single day.

My thoughts were cut when I felt a tap on my shoulder that startled me a little, making me move from my seat on one of the couches in this hospital. "Hey, George. Thinking about Bella?" Justin gave me a sorry smile.

"Yes," I admitted. There's no way on denying it, I miss her so much.

"Then, go back to California!"

My face lighted up like light bulb in the middle of the night and my wide smile was showing off. "Really? It's okay for you?"

"Yes, it is. I know you miss Bella so much. That was how I felt when Dana was away from me. The only problem before was that, I didn't know where she was and I couldn't get to her." I saw a grave expression in his face.

"But, she's here now!" I tried to lighten out his mood and my voice appeared to be more energized than my normal voice which made him flinch. "Woah, sorry."

He chuckled lightly. "But, she's practically dead."

"No she's not!" I scolded him. "She'll wake up in a few days, believe me."

Justin nodded and smiled at me, before Steven decided to show up. "Hey, guys! What's happening here?" He smiled brightly.

And this is where my curiosity took control of me. "What's happening is you, Steven. Are you hiding something from me?" I stood up from my seat, slightly losing my balance.

His face fell and he grew nervous. "I-I. . .no, I-I'm not! Why w-would you think that?" I wouldn't have if you weren't so damn obvious.

"Tell me what's happening." I crossed my arms together, resting them on my chest and tapped my foot on the floor.

"I-OK! Fine. George, I love you so much, you know that, but I would understand if you can't accept me. I've been hiding this for years now. . .Justin, can you help me here?"

"Uh? Kay," . . . "George, Steven is -"

"Dang it! Don't be so blunt! Do a little explaining first!" Steven protested and I furrowed my eyebrows and made a face as if in disgust out of confusion as I stared at the two of them.

"Okay!" Justin continued and faced me. "Have you seen Steven bring girls homs before?"

"Yea," I answered and they gave me a are-you-fucking-serious look. "Our mum."

Justin rolled his eyes and slapped his own forehead with his palm. "No-I mean, girls. . .Girls! As in girls that he brings home or dates. Have you?" I shook my head. "Yes, because girls doesn't like him and he doesn't like girls, because. . .you know."

"No," I sat back at my seat and my eyes grew wide. "But you can't be. . .we don't have any in the family who has that."

"Huh? It's not a disease, George! The fuck are you saying? You didn't have to hurt Steven like that-"

"It is a disease, idiot!" I stood up from my seat.

"It's not! Being gay is not a disease!" Says Justin. What? Steven is gay?!

"Oh, I thought you have STD," I laughed.

"Bro, that wasn't a cool joke!" Steven complained with teary eyes and I frowned.

"No, really! I thought you had STD! No kidding!" Was my defense.

"And what does that have to do with 'girls not liking Steven'?" Justin asked.

Good point.

"I don't know," I shrugged with a idiotic frown.

"You really are brothers. I wouldn't want to meet your parents anywhere in the near future." Justin huffed before saying, "so what do you think of your little brother being gay and not having unreasonable STD?"

"It's cool with me."

Justin: Jaw drops

Steven: Same

"That's it? You won't go all military dad on me? It's fine with you?"

"No, why whould I? Your life is not my life to decide what you should become. If you're gay, then be gay." I calmly spoke.

"Oh, Georgey, I love you!" Steven smiled, then hugged me and Justin scrunched up his nose due to being uncomfortable with us.

"It's okay, I love you, too." I hugged him back. "But, you wouldn't happen to be dating someone right now, are you? Because if you are, that dude you're dating will be dead in no time."

Steven frowned and said, "I gotta go to the washroom," before running.

And my eyes turned red and I ran after my little brother. "Steven!"

"Unbelievable." Justin muttered before I completely left his sight.

"Steven, come back!"

--------

PLEASE READ: A/N

Sorry, this chapter was meant to be short. Forgive me, but I want to emphasize Steven's gay role, because it will be a huge plotwist soon.

If you read real novels by big authors like Dan Brown you can see that there are chapter there that aren't even one page long. . .as long as the chapter points out one thing, it's considered as a chapter-I think.

But, because this chapter is very short, the next update will be in 2-3 days. I promise, lol.

And also maybe some of you may be confused because of my spelling. In our school, they teach us both American and British spellings and terms. . .and I somehow used both in this book. And I plan to change them all into American spelling when I have the chance.

And I hope some of you would comment. :/ I don't set goals here because I don't want you to think that I am an attention seeker. . .because that's exactly what I think about Wattpad authors who sets comments and vote goals just to update another chapter. No offense. But, I hope some of you would comment.

And another; this one is important.

I'm planning on sending my characters, to continue this war thing-y, to another country. Can you please suggest any countries there so I can study their cultures or language if ever the country doesn't use English as their mother tongue? Thanks, it would mean a lot.

okay.. lol I'll stop now.

:)

Have a nice day! Or sleep tight. Or have a nice afternoon.