Chapter Four: The Daughter of Adam Martins

Dana Martin's POV

My name is Dana, Dana Martins. I am 21 years old and still my father won't let me stand on my own. No, he's not spoiling me, he's just very over protective.

My father, Adam Martins, has this very huge gang that he takes care of, he gave his life to this gang and will do anything for it like it's his own son. Sometimes, I think he loves his gang even more than he does me. He's very strict and doesn't even let boys touch me, unless he really likes the guy. And the only kind of guy he likes are those guys who I don't like. I'm not giving details anymore. It only gets me angry.

My mom, though, is very kind. She lets me do anything I want and gives me the freedom I needed. But, unfortunately, she died when I was 14 because of a car accident. I was really crying hard on the day of her burial, but my father said I should stop because i'm only making myself look like a fool and crying over her will not make her alive. He was right, though. But still, I couldn't accept the fact that he doesn't care much for my mom that even crying on her own burial is not allowed.

“Dana!” My father called out.

“Why, dad?” I shouted back at him. And here we go again.

“I'm going to leave for a while, do you need anything?” Father asked.

Aren't you always leaving? So, why tell me now? I wanted to answer him, but I know if I did it would be a disaster. We always argue about little things, and I don't really want to start anything right now.

“No dad, but I feel like going out with my friends today. Would you allow me?”

“Sure, but i will need to send a couple of men to look after you, though.” Well, aren't you always doing that? I thought.

“Yeah, sure,” I said sounding disappointed. “You would still do that even if I didn't agree, anyway. Why bother telling me now?” I muttered lowly, so that he couldn't hear it. But, unfortunately, he did.

“What did you say?” He asked angrily. Oh no, here comes the monster.

“Nothing dad. Nothing.” I sighed.

“OK, I have to leave now. Bye, Dana.” Father said as he waved his hands goodbye.

“Bye, dad,” I muttered.

I got dressed quickly and went out of my room. I got out of my house and went inside my car. I rolled my eyes when I saw one of dads ‘gangman’ in his car, following me.

My dad would never stop this, and I am very uncomfortable with it. His men always follow me everywhere I went to and each time I try to tell them to go away, because what I am doing is none of their business, they wouldn't budge.

I changed my way trying to lose the car following me, but to my disappointment, he didn't leave me. I rolled my eyes, once again, and changed my direction again. I am not really going out with my friends today, I just want to go out and drive and be happy but instead, I only got irritated.

I turned my car's radio on and Vanessa Hudgen's “Drive” began playing. Wow, perfect song at this moment, if only dad's stupid men would stop pissing me off. But anyways, I love this song and the singer so my mood changed a 'bit'.

The song ended and the car behind me is still there. I changed my direction again for the hundredth time today and headed to the woods near an abandoned apartment.

I happily sang along with Ariana Grande's “Baby I” as I drove along the woods.

The bird's chirping, the tree's, the sunlight and the cold autumn breeze made me feel a lot better. I stopped beside one tree and watched the birds as they fly happily. I got out of my car and explored the woods a little more. The guy who was following me is already gone, I wonder where'd he go? But, never mind, I'm really glad he's gone.

As I walked along the woods, I saw a small cottage surrounded by expensive cars. I wonder what cottage is that? I walked closer to the cottage and recognized my father's car. I furrowed my eybrows and hid under a tree near me. I saw my father get out of his car with a gun in his hand. He came along with a few henchmen with guns with them. I'm guessing that those are his gangmen.

I watched my father as he spoke to someone on his cellphone, when suddenly a tall familiar guy got out from the cottage. I know this guy... wait .. let me think. Aha! I saw this guy in the hospital along with two guys with him when I accidentaly entered a wrong person's room! Justin Bieber's room, that is—my father's nemesis.

The guy's jaw dropped wide open and his face looked shocked. I watched there and stood still getting a lot more afraid when my father and his gangmen pointed their guns at the guy from the hospital.

“Help! George! Justin! Steven! Help!” I heard the guy shout as my father scrunched the guy's shirt into his fists.

I kept quiet and steady as I watched them. After a few seconds I saw a very familiar guy at the door of the cottage with a gun in his hand, he was about to exit the cottage when my father clicked his gun.

BANG!

I covered my eyes and ears as I ran back to my car.

“Boss!” I heard the guy earlier cry.

———

Sorry if it was very short. It was just a filler chapter. I just want you to see things in Dana's perspective. Well, next chapter would be up tomorrow or the day after tomorrow! That's the continuation of the cliff hanger I left for y'all guys.

Muah!

If you have questions, banners and etc, leave a comment or tweet this girl: @yanamangahas