Bumblebee

Yang and Blake

I glance out the window of the coffee shop I'm in, watching and waiting.

A flash of black grabs my attention. I set down the money for my now cold coffee and exit the shop. Yellow hair straightened out as to make sure she doesn't recognize me.

"She's here." I whisper quietly into my earpiece.

I get two affirmatives and pull out my wallet, baiting her.

"She sees you." Ruby hisses over the intercom.

I stuff the wallet in my back pocket and nonchalantly look at my phone.

Soft footsteps are heard over the busy street. At least for me.

My heart pounds as blood rushes through me, seemingly faster.

She bumps into me and offers a small apology.

"She's got it! Stop her!" Weiss calls through the earpiece.

My hand shoots out and I grab her wrist and tug her towards me. Her hood falls off to show the bow that she wears over her ears on. "Blake. We need to talk."

Blake's eyes widen in shock and does very little as I drag her off towards the park. I sit her on a bench, making sure Ruby and Weiss are in the vicinity hiding.

Blake refuses to meet my eyes. "What do you want?"

I raise an eyebrow. "For starters, Weiss' wallet back."

Blake slowly hands it back, staring at it hungrily as she does so. I toss it towards Weiss head who lets out a short cry. Ruby tosses a bag of burgers back. I catch it and reach inside the bag. I pull out a tuna burger and hand it to Blake.

She attacks the burger as if she hasn't eaten in days. She probably hasn't by the looks of her. Clothes tattered and hair matted.

I take a seat next to her and ruffle up my hair. "Blake. Why didn't you come to one of us?"

Blake flinches and stares at her now empty hands. "I don't need your handouts."

I roll my eyes. "Their not handouts if we are friends. Blake. We are partners for god's sake." I toss her another burger. "Just listen to me Blake. You are my best friend. When I heard you were on the streets, I dragged the rest of the team out here."

Ruby hums over the ear piece in affirmation.

Rubbing my face, I slump over. "Blake. I have been so worried. I care about you Blake." I glare down at the tops of my thighs. "Just... please Blake."

"I..." Blake looks down and begins to cry. "I'm sorry. I just..." I wrap Blake into a hug.

"Please... Just ask. That's all I'm asking for." I whisper quietly.

Blake sobs. "I ran away because I was scared..."

I pull away and hold Blake at arms length. "Scared of what Blake?"

Blake doesn't meet my eyes. "I... like you Yang. Like... I like like you."

A small grin spreads across my face. "Good thing I like you too kitty." My face goes serious. "I'd kiss you. But you reek."

Her face flushes as Ruby and Weiss run out of the bushes.

"Yay! Blake's back with us!"

I look over the girl I like.

Blake Belladonna. My kitten.
--

I glance down at the sleeping faunus in my arms. A content purr falling from her lips. I hug the girl closer and let out a happy sigh.

My girlfriend of five years. Soon to be my fiancee once I propose.

The thought of the hiding ring makes me smile. My future wife..