Chapter 19 part 1

"Excuse me ?"I said still trying to sink in the thought of me bearing a child. It's not that I'm not glad but ... I'm shocked. Besides that point I haven't... You know for awhile now.

"Your pregnant."

"I got that part." I said letting go of Trent's hand." But I haven't.... You know . Had sex for a while now." I said the last part barely above a whisper.

"We are going to check how far along you are now. Excuse me." He said heading towards the door . "I'll be back."

It was silent. You could hear the people next door talking about what they are going to eat and what they want to get. Which sadly was making me hungry one again... Uh ... This pregnancy thing is really starting to get to me .

I started fiddling with my finer awaiting Trent's responds but he didn't say anything. I didn't look at him nor him at me. We were silent in shock. I was not doubt afraid of what he had to say .

I broke the silence." Are you alright?" I said looking at Trent with concern.

His head was facing the floor . He lifted looking straight at meager a minute of staring ." I'm great." He said smiling.

I'm smiled back as a few tears let loose. He jumped out of his seat and engulfed me in a soft hug not wanting to crush our child . "We are going to be parents." He whispered in my ear.

"We are." I smiled.

***
"This is going to be cold." The doctor said in his French accent that I couldn't get over." It's a gel so don't worry." He said as he squirted some on my tummy.

When I pulled up my shirt for this I realized that I did have a bump . A bump that should have noticed a month ago . I guess I was so caught up in my mind that I didn't even look at myself .

"How could you not notice your stomach Abby ?" He said looking at my now big tummy .

"Shut up . I was recovering ." I said knowing that he would understand .

"Fine ." He said slightly annoyed .

The doctor place the thing in my stomach and went all around as all of us looked at the screen.

The screen had a small black ball with and small white one inside which I assume is the baby. Then the doctor made it more graphic. That when you could see and outline of something I couldn't really point out.

"Is that the face or leg ?" I staring at the screen with much intensity.

"That's the butt."

I laughed." The butt? Wow.... I guess they have a very big bum then."

"Can you tell the gender?" Trent asked thinking most likely of it being a girl.

"What ? You see butt and you think girl."

"No..." He said lying."I was just thinking that maybe a ..." He sighed."Yeah.. I hope I don't have a girl with a big bottom."

"No ." The doctor said ." The baby is too early in the stage to tell but we could tell that she is three months in."

"Three months ?" I said .

"Three months ." The doctor repeated.

"Three months Abby ." Trent said."How could you not notice?!"

"Trent .." I said glaring dead straight at him." Don't yell at the woman who is bearing your child . " I looked away ."You should be grateful."

The doctor laughed at this." I recommend you be more gentle sir. A pregnant woman is more sensitive than normal."