Twenty: New Reality

I stared out into the forest as I sat on the grass thinking everything through. My mind has been spinning for a week now, and I don't know if I could take anymore of the re-runs of my life.

I sighed as I pulled out some grass and threw it away. I continued to do this until I heard a voice behind me.

"There you are," I turned to see Lexa walking to me and she sat down next to me as she was looking at me. "Whatcha doing?"

I shrugged, "Just thinking," I looked down at the grass in my hands.

"I notice you do that a lot,"

I looked up at her as she was staring at me. I sighed, "I don't usually do it, but I guess now I have no other choice,"

She stared at me, "What are you thinking about?"

"Everything," I stared at her. "Life. The universe. How everything happens and why it happens,"

She took a deep breath and let it out. "Damn, I should be high for this shit," I chuckled as I watched her lean back on her hands. "What's the meaning of life?" 

I rolled my eyes, "Something like that, but not necessarily,"

She stared at me, "Then explain,"

I sighed, "How do I?" I looked off somewhere before I looked back at her. "How do you explain the unexplainable?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Depends," she stared at me. "What is the unexplainable?"

I shook my head, "You'll think I'm crazy,"

She smiled, "Try me,"

I looked away and sighed, "Ok. What does it mean if someone has lived in the future?" I looked at her as I tried to choose my words carefully.

She stared at me. "Like, time travel?"

I shook my head, "Not even close," I sighed. I knew this was going to be hard. "If someone has seen the future but not only that, also lived there for an amount of time then came back, what does that mean?" I looked at her.

"You're making no sense,"

I sighed. "I figured," my brain was hurting.

"Explain it in your own words. Don't use scientific shit," she stared at me. 

I nodded. "I woke up from something that I thought was reality. It wasn't just a dream to me, because it was much more real than that,"

She nodded, "How did it seem real?"

I shrugged, "I felt the pain in my dream. I felt the emotions, everything that a dream doesn't offer, and everything that happened in it, happened when I woke up," I stared at her. "Explain that,"

She continued to stare at me, "What happened in your dream?"

I looked down. "Everything. I can't explain it all, but I even met you in my dream at the same place, and same time. Everything was exactly the same as in my dream," I sighed as I sat there. "I don't understand any of this," I looked up at the sky. "If you can give me a sign as to why this is happening, I'd greatly appreciate it,"

I heard Lexa laugh but I ignored her. I needed help so very much and I had a major headache.

"God must hate you," I heard Lauren say. 

I looked at her as she was smiling and I rolled my eyes, "Yes, he does. If he was showing me what could happen if I fucked up, then I don't think I want to go to heaven," Lexa chuckled.