Thirteen: "I'm Sorry"

Song^ Can You Hold Me by NF

Beep.. Beep.. Beep 

That was the noise I woke up to. A loud, irritating noise. I opened my eyes and was blinded by a light from above. I quickly closed my eyes and groaned.

I opened them once more and blinked a few times until my eyes adjusted to the light. When I could finally see, I looked around and noticed I was in a hospital room. I heard that noise again and when I looked toward the sound, it was a heart monitor.

I stared at it for a while and noticed that my heart was beating regularly, or so I think. The lines were moving up and down, so I think that's right.

I noticed that nobody was in here as I looked around. I tried moving, but when I did, pain shot through my left shoulder and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Fuck," I gritted my teeth. That shit hurt.

I looked down and noticed a bandage around my chest and my shoulder. I couldn't hardly move my left arm, and when I did, more pain shot through my shoulder, and it was the kind of pain that made you say every bad word in the book.

I laid there and stared at the ceiling as I processed all the information from my brain;

Louis.

I tightened my fist by just thinking of him. Of course he would be stupid enough to shoot me. I mean, he wasn't the one who shot me, but he let them shoot me, so therefore he was stupid enough to let someone else shoot me.

I couldn't believe I was stupid enough to fall into his trap. I thought I would have him alone, because that's all I want; is for him to be alone so I can rip his fucking head off. I want him to suffer for what he's done, and better believe that when the day comes;

He will suffer.

I looked around and my mind instantly went to the one person who made my heart stop in place and skip a beat all at once;

Lauren.

Where is she?

Does she know I'm here?

How long have I been in here?

Why isn't she here now?

All these questions running through my head and I have no answers for any of them. I needed to find out where she is, and if she's ok.

I swear if Louis did anything to her, I will kill him.

I noticed a button on the side of my bed and it looked like a nurse. Maybe if I press it, a nurse will come? Hell if I know, but there's only one way to find out.

I pressed the button but nothing happened. I pressed it again and waited, but still nothing happened. I pressed it a few more times and that's when I heard the door open.

I saw a nurse walk in and when she saw me, it was like she had seen a ghost and she instantly froze and stared at me in shock. "Y-you're awake,"

She ran out of the door and I laid there so confused because I have no idea what just happened. I waited for what felt like forever until a man in a white coat came in with that nurse.

He walked over to the bed and stared at me just like the nurse had done. "Camila?" I nodded and stared at him as he looked me over. "My name is Doctor Morgan. How are you feeling?"