Chapter 11: To Close For Comfort.

I let out a deep breath. Where was I? For a brief second I wondered if I was hungover. My head was on the verge of exploding from the pain of my headache. My eyes felt dry as a desert in blistering heat. I moved my head sending another wave of pain through me. I opened my eyes very slowly.  A bright light shun like the sun in my face,

I squeezed my eyes shut and I felt someone touch my hand. I knew exactly who it was. He had helped me. Or I thought he had. I couldn't remember that much. I was completely out at that point. I could briefly remember him trying to get my wolf to back down. I shuddered. She truly was a Rouge.  I put up my walls. He did not need to know my thoughts.

"Carter." I said in a slight whisper. I didn't open my eyes. I didn't look at him. I just knew he was there. I felt happy. I couldn't believe I was still alive. Everything was rushing back to me. Reese's laugh. Rachel. That random guy pulling her away from me.

"Is Reese okay?" I asked opening my eyes. The light made me blink a few times, but I then looked at Carter. The look on his face was slightly bemused.

"Your wolf attacked you. . . And your worried about, Reese?' He said. I could tell he was trying not to laugh. I wasn't that nice. I started laughing. It sent a burning pain through me, but I kept laughing. It honestly funny. I never really worried about other people before, but now I couldn't help, NOT worrying about her.

"I can see you point." I said in between breaths. I wiped away a couple tears and smiled at Carter. It was the first smile I had given him. I wasn't sure what to think of it. Damn me and my emotions.

He leaned toward me with a slight smile on his face. His eyes. His gorgeous eyes. It made me want to fall into his arms and stare at him all day. So fucking beautiful.

He leaned to close. I was captivated by him. By every movement, Every single blink of his eyes. I shook myself internally. He was Alpha. Dangerous. And he was too close. And yet I wanted him closer.

"Whats your name?" He asked me suddenly. Oh. He didn't know my name. Why would he want to know my name? I guess it would be easier.

I looked at him confused. "Which one?"

"You have more then one?" He asked me. Oh, damn. I forgot.

He didn't know about them.

The hospital room doors slammed open at the perfect time and there stood my fuming angel, Reese. Her hair wasn't brushed. Her face had tear tracks form wearing mascara and you could tell she was completely furious. I watch her with wide eyes as she started running towards me. I was completely shocked, even more so when she flew by me and started hitting Carter.

"REESE!" I said completely shocked.

"YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T GO IN HERE WITHOUT ME!" She said shouting for the world to hear.

"That's why your so upset!" He said deflecting some of her blows.

"NO! I'M ALSO UPSET YOU MADE TRISTEN TAKE ME AWAY FROM MY BEST FRIEND AT THE WORST TIME IN HER LIFE." She shouted and I was confused. That was not the worst time.

"Reese, girl, chill. That was not the worst time in my life," She looked back at me and said, "Omg, I'm so glad your okay!"

Then her face twisted in confusion. "Wait, then what was the worse time?"

"Oh, they don't know the pack abused me." I though in my head, "She must of blocked Carter out of our conversation."

"WHAT?!" Carter screamed. I looked up and shied back. He was completely rage filled. Reese's eyes widened and she sat on my bed next to me.

Oh, My walls fell down. I hurriedly forced them back up again.

Carter charged out of the room and I could here him yelling. It was kind of funny. Imagining him tearing down the hallways screaming jibber jabber.

"They abused you?" Reese asked me. I looked at her. Her eyes will filled with tears and her chin trembled. My eyes started tear and we hugged each other for the longest time.

I guess this was what friendship was like.

I sighed.

"At least you got away from it." Reese said with a slight smile.

"Yeah, but now I got a new problem." I said rolling my eyes.

"What?" She said looking confused.

"Carter." I said very seriously and we just started at each other before we broke into laughter.