Chapter 1: The beginning

Start from the beginning

"Well, of course, we will because Mr. Blossom will be hosting the Christmas Grace this year he'd like to participate throughout the whole thing!" A grin crept on Samuel's face. I was this close to throwing him out myself. Had a good feeling he was doing this on purpose to make me mad. Which was definitely working.

"Well Sir w-we already have a team and people who've signed up to help we certainly won't be needing any help and I mean Mr. Blossom probably has a lot on his plate already." I sputtered.

I look over at him trying to figure out why is he doing this? The mans a selfish bastard he couldn't have changed from what I remember years back in high school and some business dinner we had, but I can give him this he's the most attractive man I've ever laid eyes on. His chiselled jawline and his perfect cheekbones and full lips and my God his body, he's in fabulous shape even with that suit on you could see the figure of his biceps and for sure this man has a 6 pack underneath that...stop it, Sonia!

"No not at all Miss Richardson I'll be honoured to work with you and the team" He finally spoke.

"Well we're happy as well Mr. Blossom if you could excuse me I have a class to teach" I shook his hand then quickly got to my class.

Why is he here in New York?

I sense somethings up. I have a bad gut feeling. I just hope he backs out and I never see him again.

Samuels P.O.V

*Before Sonia and Samuel bumped into each other at the school*

"Father you can't be serious! How could you do something  so self-centred!" I spat at my father, this man has been nothing but difficult.

"Son you have to understand both the companies were annihilated; Everything that I've built was going to be gone if we didn't come together to make this agreement. So yes I did it for the companies sake." He shouted.

My father had never failed to get me angry. Robert Blossom never fails to get his way. My phone rings interrupting our conversation, I look at the caller ID not answering, then looked at my father.

I had no choice but to agree because he was right. Years of effort gone to waste.

"Fine! I will do as you say but only for the sake of my company, but mark my words it will be nothing but an agreement between two families, nothing more!" I shout storming out of his office and into mine. I paced around my office thinking of a way to get out of this mess. I combed my fingers through my hair in frustration, thinking how could he. How could I not of known!?

My father signed a contract with The Richardson's in order to keep both companies running I must get married to Sonia Richardson. I remember her from high school and gatherings but I haven't seen her since. This is going to get in the way of my mission, I must marry her without hesitation.  

Sonias POV

*after Sonia and Samuel bumped into each other at the school*

"No no no no! This can't be happening!" I say full of rage.

This is insane! My parents are insane! Who makes a deal for a company, not even a business deal its a deal that plays with my life! How could they be so careless, they're absurd if they think I will accept this.

"Sweetheart we know we should've told you a long time ago but at the time we didn't really have a choice, Your father was going to lose everything, " My mother said with guilt in her voice.

"Sonia Richardson you will do as I say! You have no choice, our company will go back to how it was many years ago and I will not let that happen again! Stop being selfish and think about us too!" My father spat through the speaker. I lower my gaze as if he was in front of me.

"I'm not the one that had made the deal, your selfish. You only thought of yourselves." I say raising my voice; I was outraged. How could they? How can someone do that to their child?

"Sweetheart we didn't have a choice, we're very sorry but this has to happen," My mother regretfully says through the phone. I can imagine her sad face, I knew she wasn't in on it. This was all on my father. He's behind all of this.

"You've clearly already decided everything for me, what's the point in asking me? You don't really leave me much a choice!" I say then immediately ending the call. I can't believe this happening. I'm getting married and to top that off, I'm getting married to a total snob. A man I despise. How unlucky am I. 

I quickly dialled my best friend's number the only person who has understood me better than anyone has, Norah.

____________________________________
Authors Note 📝

Hello Dears
This is the first book I've ever written so bear with me! Keep reading I promise it gets better! Please comment your opinions on this chapter and please be free to share your ideas with me! Thank you! ~ _Sarahxox
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for updates _sarahaxox