A Very Happy Thanksgiving

Author's note: Thank you so much for sticking with me. I've been working on an original story for NaNoWriMo, so of course now the guys start talking to me again. Also, please don't partake in Kayli hate when you read about her in my story. She is not the same person as many of us dislike in the canon stories and other fan fiction stories. She and Sang are not best of friends, but there is history between them, and they are friends. Further to this, there is no Blake in my story, therefore no tension between factions. Kayli is in a loving, committed relationship with the SB team (minus Kevin).

*  *  *

"What do you say, sweetie. Ready to get in to some trouble?"

Gabriel's gorgeous blue eyes had a mischievous sparkle to them. Thoughts of several ways that I could get in to trouble with him raced through my mind, and I felt my face flush in response. His eyes widened as he registered that I was blushing at his question, and I quickly turned towards the counter.

He chuckled and leaned over and quietly spoke in my ear. "Someday you'll have to tell me what just made you blush."

* * *

That evening had been so much fun. Even though it had been several days since the class, just thinking back and reliving some of the moments with the guys put a silly smile on my face. "Pull yourself together, girl, they're just friends. Don't read too much in to it. For all you know, they act like that with everyone," I said to my reflection as I pulled on my coat. I hoped they didn't act like that with everyone, that I was special to them, but I hadn't known them long enough to know. I shook my head to clear my head of these thoughts before they depressed me. It was time to make good on the promise I made to Raven the other week. Kayli wasn't the world's best cook, but she really tried, and I would do what I could to help her pick out easy things that she could make for Thanksgiving dinner. I texted her to let her know I was leaving, grabbed my bag and car keys and headed out.

Even with a lot of the students out of town for Thanksgiving break, it took some time to get to the loft apartment across town where they lived now. It was a shame that their old building, the Sergeant Jasper Arms, was closed. Granted, it was a really unattractive building, but the location was great. The developer's plans stalled with the city, and now the building sat abandoned. I guess the dissenters to the proposed plans would rather have an abandoned eyesore than have more apartments in the area. I pulled up to their building, pleased to see she was by the front door waiting. I reached over to unlock the passenger door for her.

"Hey there. Are you ready for our expedition?" I asked as she slid in to the passenger seat.

"Sang, I know Raven put you up to this, and I really appreciate your help" she said as she buckled her seat belt. "I keep reassuring him I'm not going to go crazy and try to make weird foods. I swear, I don't know what's put his panties in a knot lately."

I laughed as I pulled away from the curb. Raven could definitely be moody. He could give Brandon a run for the money some days.

"It's ok. I really don't mind. I need to do a food run anyway. My fridge is getting empty. Plus, I need to figure out what to make to bring to Lily's."

"Oh, that's great. They're in town this year for Thanksgiving?" she asked.

"Yes, they'll be in town Thursday and Friday, which means I don't have to crash your dinner again. They head out of town early Saturday morning for a few days."

"Sang, you know you're always welcome for dinner. You're family. That isn't crashing our dinner."

"You know what I mean, Kayli. Don't make me roll my eyes at you," I told her. "Besides, it's your first big holiday since you guys had your commitment ceremony; your first true 'family' holiday. It should be special."