We (don't) hate each other (E. O'Connor)

"Maybe if you stop being so loud all the time-"

"Maybe if you learn to have some fun in your life-"

"Define fun!"

Enoch and Y/N were going at it again. As always. Every time they got together, they were fighting. But never the same reasons.

"Y/N, Enoch! Shut up!" And there goes Horace, trying to intervene and stop the fight.

"HORACE GO AWAY!" And now they were double teaming him. Resulting in him huffingand walking away, with some R-Rated comments under his breath.

Y/N P.O.V

Another laugh erupted from me, "You know what I mean!" Enoch smiled and shook his head. "Go on smart one, define fun." He arched his eyebrow.

"Do not make me sing the spongebob song." I fell back onto the bed. Laughing until I saw the confused look on his face.

"It's a cartoon, before your time. F. Is for friends who do stuff together, U. Is for you and me, N. Is for anywhere and anywhere at all-" I was cut off from a hand coveringmy mouth.

"I think I get it, sounds like a dumb cartoon." He shrugged.

Here comes another fight. Just by the look on my face, we both knew what was coming.

"Spongebob was- no is the best cartoon in the world. It's the funniest and most relatable show in the universe!" I basically screamed at him.

"Yeah? Then why haven't I heard of it until now?" He countered, and had me beat.

I stood and started walking away and out of his bedroom door. Since it was close to supper anyway, I just walked to the dining room.

"You're daft, man." I shouted and turned around quickly. The children and even Mrs. Peregrine were starting to crowd around.

"No I'm not!" He was now backing me into the table, his way of mentally showing me that he was winning the fight.

"Don't be a shithead!" I yelled now fully against the table with him standing and towering over me, seeing
as I'm much shorter than him.

"Language!" Came from Mrs. P and Millard at the same time.

"Yeah, Y/N, language. Don't want to get into anymore trouble." He had won and he knew it. So I ducked out of his presence and sat down in a random chair. Jacob on my right, Millard on my left. Enoch tauntingly in front of me and Olive, being the attention whore she is, sitting nothing more than an inch away from him.

We were 5 minutes into silently eating and Enoch kicked my foot. Of course I was going to say something.

"O'Connor!"

"L/N!" He responded.

"Here we go again." Was a whine from one of the children, most likely Millard. He hated our arguments and always begged us to stop.

"Idiot." I mumbled.
"Imbecile." He replied.
"Brainless."
"Stupid."
"Dope."
"Idiot." I stopped him.

"Ha! I said that already! I win!" I shouted which scared half the table.

"Touche'" he mumbled.

After supper was over, we were both assigned sanitation and had to clean dishes and the table.

We were once again arguing after Enoch had spilled water on me.

"Stop being messy!" I shouted.

"It's just water!" He yelled back.

I grabbed a mop bucket with fresh water and soap and started backing him towards the sitting room.

"Y/N, do not, get me wet." He slowly spoke, as if talking to a small child.

"I'm sorry what was that? Did you say you're thirsty?" We had somehowmade it outside, luckily.

"No, no, no-" it was too late, I had already released the water onto him and was sopping wet. "You are so dead!" He started running after me, and I was close to being free but then he lifted me over his shoulder and got me wet.

"Nooo." I sung out. But was laughing too much to be heard. When I looked up, the others were surrounding us with weird looks and glances.

"What?" We both asked.

"Don't you hate her?"
"And you hate him?"
"Why are you having fun with eachother?"

We both laughed at the questions and he sat me back on my feet.

"No, well. We don't hate eachother. We just like arguing. It's fun." We explained.

"Well find a different activity, you give us headaches." Horace stomped off which left the rest of us in laughter.

//
That. Was. Bad. Oof, I need to get back on my grind soon.