Just Like Me (E. O'Connor)

Enoch's P.O.V.

I felt unwanted.

I felt unloved.

I felt like a disgrace.

That was, until she came. She changed me and I want to believe that I changed her. I'm sure that I did. She accepts herself now, and so do I. I'm happy with who I am, I don't shut everyone out now. I don't have to lock my door every time I enter my room. I don't have to slam my fork down and leave early at dinner.

She made that possible.
She made me human again.

//

We had a new "member" join our loop a few days ago and if I'm being completely honest, she's not that bad. Her H/C hair, her E/C eyes, everything about her just made me feel...better.

When she showed us her peculiarity everyone else was scared. Claire even started to cry. I was intrigued though.

What she'd done was simply ask Fiona to grow a plant of any sort, when Fiona layed it in her hands, it died and the dust blew away in the wind.

She was the exact opposite of me. She could only take life when I could only give it. I now understood that there was someone who knew what it felt like.

To have people scared of what you could do. Begging you not to do it in front them. The fear in their eyes when they'd walk in on you.

She'd shut everyone else out as well. All except one, all except me. We bonded almost instantly, when she'd found out what my peculiarity was, she seemed interested in me.

She had followed me to the kitchen one day. If I wasn't paying attention I would have missed her quiet voice.

"Enoch?" She questioned. I didn't even know she knew my name.

"Yes?" I spoke not turning from dishes I had been washing.

"How do you do it?" Her question startled and confused me.

"Do what, exactly?" I questioned.

"You know, you don't cowar away if someone sees you using your peculiarity. I'm quite afraid of mine, but you just don't care at all. It's strange." I stared at her for awhile, she was just like me when I first arrived; scared and shy.

"I guess I just got used to it after awhile. I promise you'll feel better in no time." The more I spoke, the quieter I got, and the closet she came.

"Enoch I just figured something out.. " She whispered standing right ik front of me.

"What's that? " I was barely audible.

"You're just like me. " And with that, I grabbed her chin and puled her into a kiss, ful of relief and a feeling of security.

"Thank you, Enoch. You were right, I do feel better. " She told me after pulling away.

I could tell that this would be the start of something good.

Her name was Y/N and she was just like me

...
Okay ladies and/or gentlemen. That is another chapter and I'm so sorry it took so long. I've been having a crazy day. But I HAD AUDITIONS TODAY!! I'm actually really scared because I really hope that I get the part. Like I've done shows before but this just seems different. Whatever. I'll be working on the next chapter while you're reading this.