Not so dull (J. Portman)

Important authors note at the end.

Why is it soo hot today?! Most people love summer, but me, nah. I hate it, it's always so hot and sunny.

So instead of going outside like the rest of the children, I stay inside my room and play with water. And no, I don't mean a sink or tub. I mean from my own two hands. You see, that's my peculiarity; water.

"Y/N!" My thoughts were cut short by Hugh running in and calling me.

"Yes, busy bee?" I laughed, knowing he hated that name.

"There's a new boy downstairs. I think he's staying with us." The child told me before running back out, his bees surrounding him.

I groaned and got up from my very comfortable bed. Slowly making my way down (town, walking fast, faces pass, and I'm homebound. Sorry, sorry, I'll go.) the stairs to see who this new kid was. Maybe he'd be fun and exciting or boring and dull. Whichever he was, I know in about a month he'll love it here. Everyone does.

Making it to the bottom of the stairs I saw this boy, he looked.. afraid. Afraid of us. I guess they had just told him about all the peculiarities. Though he seemed like he didn't believe it. Like, it wasn't real.

Before I even got a chance to talk to him, Miss Peregrine decided to give him a little tour of the home. Which was okay with of course. That means that I can go back to playing with my water.

I returned upstairs and went to the bathroom. With my shorts and shirt still on, I layed in the water that was in the tub. I needed to know how long I could stay under.

Last time it was only 40 minutes. I want to get to an hour. So, I finally ducked all the way under and started counting. In my head of course.

**
I had been under for about 46 minutes already. This is where it usually starts to get a little bit more difficult to stay under. I could feel myself frowning and begging myself to not rise up.

Well, technically, I didn't get up. I was literally snatched from the tub. The surprise caused water to go into my lungs. I opened my eyes, and immediately started coughing to get the water out of my lungs.

I looked to see the new boy. This angered me, I was doing so well.

"Are you okay? Why would you want to drown yourself?!" He slightly yelled at me. I just stared at him. I couldn't really be mad, he just didn't know. He was trying to help.

"I wasn't drowning." I bluntly stated. He looked so shocked.

"But you were under there, and when I knocked and asked if it was occupied, no one answered." He was so adorable when he was confused.

"Listen, that's what I do. I was under for almost 50 full minutes. It's what makes me peculiar. My water abilities." I laughed at the look on his face. He looked totally dumbfounded.

"Oh, I am so sorry, I just thought that you were like dying or something. I wou-" I cut off his rambling.

"It's okay. No worries. What's your name?"

"Jacob, you?"

"Y/N. Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to go change and get ready for supper. Nice meeting you, Jacob." He smiled and nodded as I walked off. Well, at least he wasn't dull....

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

Sorry, this was so short. It's probably my worst chapter yet. I just wanted to know if there's anyone interested in being my coauthor. Someone to write chapters alongside me. If you're interested just comment or DM me so I'll know.