Basketballs and Winter Break

Start from the beginning

"Can't stop, it's your nickname from now till we graduate my friend." Bryce swished the ball into the net.

"If you graduate that is." Chance teased.

Bryce stuck his tongue out playfully slapped Chance. "BOYS! OPEN GYM IS OVER!" I heard Coach Guettler bellow. Everyone sprinted towards him, "listen up boys, first varsity game is the after break. And I want you all to be in tip top shape." Coach shouted.

"What about teams?" A kid asked.

"Posted on the board behind me," Coach answered sternly everyone huddled at the board. I grinned when I saw that I made the varsity lineup! Chance, Troy and Bryce did too and we were ecstatic.

"Varsity, get over here!"

The group of varsity boys huddled around Coach Guettler, "welcome to the West High Knight varsity basketball team." Cheers erupted from our team, "all right boys listen up. Practice like you've never practiced before all break, I want you all in tip-top shape so we are ready to beat the Bears in two weeks." Coach raised his loud voice.

"Got it Coach" everyone answered loudly.

"One! Two! Three!" Coach bellowed.

"West High Knights!" Everyone echoed and we let out a war cry.

"Get outta here boys, have a good break!" Coach dismissed us to the locker room. We changed out of our uniforms and into our regular clothes, then my friends and I wandered into the parking lot.

"Troy, hurry up my dad is waiting!" I shouted as I sat in the passenger seat of my dad's blue Prius.

"Hey buddy, how was practice?" Dad asked.

"Great, guess what? Troy and I made varsity!" I exclaimed.

"That's great son, I'm so proud of you, your mom will be thrilled." My dad smiled proudly.

"Hey Perc, thanks again for taking me home." Troy thanked my dad as he closed the back door.

"No problem Troy, congratulations on varsity! I'm sure the moms are going to find some way to celebrate." My dad chuckled as he pushed on the gas of the car.

My phone beeped the noise it made when Lauren texted me, "ooh, his girlfriend is texting him" Troy joked.

"Shut up Troy, she's not my girlfriend," I sneered.

"But you want her to be," Troy snickered.

"Troy, I will personally—"

Dad cut me off, "that's enough you two. Troy drop it, and Luke, answer your text." My dad's eyes stayed locked on the road.

I heard Troy trying to hide his laughter in the backseat as I read Lauren's text:

Lauren: Hey! How did tryouts go?

Luke: Awesome! I made varsity! Now you have to watch me play a game this season.

Lauren: ha ha that's funny, maybe I'll swing by once or twice. Oh and I'll see you at home, girls movie night remember?

I completely forgot about my sister's movie night they have once a month with Lauren.

Luke: That's right I forgot about that see you at home!

I clicked my phone off, "right here Percy, thanks so much." Troy said again.

"See you on Sunday Troy," my dad waved, we watched him enter his house before we drove off towards home, "so what's this about your quote-un-quote girlfriend?" My dad asked sternly.

Luke Jackson: My StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara