twenty three: betty's letter

Betty Cooper,

Betty Cooper,

I can still remember when we met that night at Pops when you thought the love of your life was Archie Andrews. My first impression of you was ms. perfect, God Betty did you prove me wrong.

As the months went by I got to know the real Betty, who is full of life and wisdom. You surprised me the most out of everyone in Riverdale. You opened up to Ronnie and I and you showed me the true Betty Cooper and also the town that is Riverdale. You also thought me what true friendship was. You were there for me in ways I didn't even know.

Trust me when I say, you Betty Cooper will rule the world one day. Don't you dare let anyone tell you other wise, follow your gut and ignore what people around you have to say (hint, hint, your mom). If things get rough close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream. That's how I get by.

Promise me one thing Betty, please don't let Veronica hide herself away from the world. It took her too long to be herself, just to push that work away because I'm gone. Also, keep an eye on that boyfriend of your's because Jughead Jones is the definition of unpredictable.

I will never forget you Betty Cooper and I hope you will never forget me.

Love,
Violet Lodge X (the other lodge twin)

Betty Cooper had never met anyone like Violet Lodge before. As the blonde teen sat on her bed she couldn't help but smile through the many sobs that racked through her body. She was so glad to have met the spectacular Violet, who also opened up the real world to her. The blonde could only hope one day in the future she would have the pleasure of meeting Violet again.

"Goodbye Violet Lodge."