eight: the truth and visits from old friends

you've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
love like you'll never be hurt,
sing like there's nobody listening,
and live like it's heaven on earth.
- william w. purkey

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale... No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream." Jughead stammered angrily.

Betty, Jughead, Veronica, Kevin and I were at Pops for our usual milkshakes. The Drive-In Theatre where Jughead worked, was closing down and apparently they were building something more "new and improved" instead. Jughead was devastated and you could tell that the place was like a second home to him.

"As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say..." Jughead rambled on again.

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin groaned and I tried to suppress my giggles.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us." Jughead told us as he slowly got more pissed off.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica asked him.

"People who want to buy crack." Kevin told us simply.

"And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?" Jughead disagreed and turned to Betty who looked lost in thought.

 Right, Bets?" Jughead disagreed and turned to Betty who looked lost in thought

"Totally." She snapped out of her daydream.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse... " He rolled his eyes in anger.

"Anonymous buyer?" I asked, confused. "What do they have to hide?"

"Who knows." Jughead shrugs. "Also, you guys should all come to closing night. I'm thinking American Graffiti... Or is that too obvious?" He muttered.

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn. Or Cate Blanchett." Veronica thought.

"Or The Talented Mr. Ripley." Kevin turns to her, in excitement. "Betty, your choices?" He asked her but she was once again lost in space.