five: fights and the pep rally

the only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. –ralph waldo emerson

"What the hell Jug!" I snapped

"What the hell Jug!" I snapped. "You're telling me you went over to his house and basically told him we know all about him and Grundy?" I asked in disbelief.

"That's exactly what happened and guess what he told me." Jughead whispered, trying not to attract unwanted attention.

"What?" I ask wearily.

"He was with Grundy on the Fourth of July near the river." Jughead filled me in. "Vi, they heard the shot that killed Jason Blossom."

"Holy shit." I gasped. "That's what he was talking about that night." I realised and then gasped again. "She won't let him tell the police. The bitch doesn't want anything to happen to her." I started to pace the hall.

"She's been telling Archie that she really likes him and doesn't want anything to happen to either of them." Jughead explained.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Ignore him until he realises she's lying to him." Jughead stated.

"That could take a while." I snapped.

"It doesn't matter how long it will take, just that Archie doesn't get hurt." He reminds me. "I'll meet you at your house before the big game tonight."

<><><><><><><>

We were all sitting in the students area. Veronica has just finished explaining to me that Betty has truly forgiven both of us. I listen to Reggie's story as I sat on the arm rest of his seat.

"And Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent. Cause I'd want Blossom dead. When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had." Reggie continued on but I look up when I notice Archie come into the room and glare at my hand that was sitting on Reggie's shoulder. "And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose." He then turns his attention to his good friend. "Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?" I smile apologetically at Kevin.

"I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? Now let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid?"

"Reggie, shut up." I mutter when I realise he was talking about Jughead.

"Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead?" He begins to laugh. "What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like... After?"