ten: post grundy stages and unwanted visitors

every day is a new day, and you'll never be able to find happiness if you don't move on.
- carrie underwood

Trigger Warning:
Attempted Sexual Assault

I bobbed my head along to the music playing as Archie beat the shit out of his punching bag

I bobbed my head along to the music playing as Archie beat the shit out of his punching bag. He was shirtless and sweat was dripping down his body, making the whole "friends" thing a lot harder.

It was the following night after the disappearance of Ms.Grundy and I haven't left Archie's house since. After a quick pep talk, Archie realised he wanted to get his life back together and focus more on football. I didn't give a shit, as long as I got to see more of a shirtless, sweaty Archie I'm fine.

"Answer your phone Vi." Archie breathlessly demands me.

"I'll see her tomorrow in school anyway, she can wait." I groan and lay back on his bed.

Veronica has been calling me none stop since late last night. I sent her a text telling her I'd talk to her tomorrow but I had the most impatient twin in the world.

"Hey, Rocky." Mr.Andrews jokes as he walks into the room and Vegas runs past his legs and up onto Archie's bed.

"Hey." Archie pauses his boxing.

"Violet." Mr.Andrews nods to me and I give him a bright smile in return, while I continue to pet Vegas.

"You know, I never thought I'd say that I miss you playing guitar, but..." Mr.Andrews tells Archie.

"Ah. Sorry, Dad." Archie apologises and continues his boxing. "Just trying to get back in fighting shape for the field." He explains.

"So, this is all for football?" Mr.Andrews asks surprised.

"Coach Clayton's about to set the starting line-up, name a new captain. It's like you said. Football gets me a scholarship, which gets me to college, where I can study music. Captains get scholarships." Archie gives his dad one last look and goes back to boxing.

Mr.Andrews calls for Vegas as he leaves the room slowly and catches my eyes. He gives me a worried look and gestures to Archie. I shrug my shoulders and focus back on my phone to change the song.

"Seriously?" Archie groans at my song choice.

"Don't hate him 'cause you ain't him." I scoff, jokingly and sing along to Bruno Mars.

"Oh, stop being cute." Archie tells me.

"It's not possible." I shrug and go back to my phone.