twenty one: the man who murdered jason blossom

you look as good as the day i met you. i forget just why i left you, i was insane. - closer

Archie had a tight grip on my right hand, while my left hand was intertwined with Veronica's

Archie had a tight grip on my right hand, while my left hand was intertwined with Veronica's. The three of us were outside FP's trailer waiting in the snow for Archie to find the extra key. Veronica and I were in our dresses for the dance, while Archie was looking dapper in his suit.

"Should have worn your glitter blue dress." Veronica mutters, noticing the goosebumps on my arms and legs. She raised a perfectly waxed eyebrow at me, waiting for a disagreement.

"Then we would have been matching. Plus reds my favourite colour." I defended, but Veronica just kept staring with an "I told you" look. "I look sexy, leave me alone."

"Found it." Archie announced, interrupting mine and Veronica's playful glares. "It's the same as when we were kids." He tells us, once we made or way over to him.

"Come on." I gesture to the front door and Archie walks ahead with Veronica and I hot on his heels. He struggled at first to open the door, but once he did we all rush in.

"You two start in the bedroom, I'll start in here." Veronica orders, not looking in our direction. The two of us nodded, but soon realised she couldn't see us.

"Anything?" I asked Archie, a few minutes later. Between the both of us, we had searched the entire room. By the looks of it neither of us had found any evidence against FP. "Let's check on Ronnie." I told Archie, after he had shook his head at my previous question.

"Look, we've checked everywhere. Twice." Archie tells a frantic looking Veronica. "But there's nothing weird or dangerous-looking." He explains, once she had finally turned around to face us.

"Same out here, just tumbleweeds and dust bunnies, that's it." Veronica snaps in frustration. I couldn't help but notice her shaking hands, as she tried to shove them in her fury jacket. "We need to keep looking. Somewhere, there's something that proves it."

"What? What are we even looking for, Ronnie?" I hissed, stepping closer to my twin. "A signed contract between Jughead's dad and our's? I doubt they're that stupid." I tell her, thinking back to our father. He wasn't an idiot, there's no way that the two signed anything.

"We'll switch I'll take the bedroom this time." Veronica says, frantically rushing to the back room. I grabbed both of her hands and pulled her back in front of me.

"You wanted to see if we would find anything incriminating, and we didn't." Archie reminds her, lowering his voice when he noticed Veronica's watery eyes.