Chapter 6

A few days later- Jimin's pov

It has been 5 days after my wife was confirmed dead. She didn't make it. For her last days, Sungyu and I had been with sungyu's mom until her last second.

Today, Sungyu and I'm going to the sea to scatter her ashes. As Sungyu and I walk toward the sea, thoughts ran through my head. Why was she so stupid? Why didn't she tell us? If she knew she had cancer, why didn't she get treatment? How long had she been going through this all alone?

Tears filled my eyes as the thoughts ran through my head. I can't believe the person I love have to go away this soon. I still remember the day we first met to the day we first go out. I still remember all the promise we made, our vows for each other. The day we found out she was pregnant with Sungyu.

As we scatter her ashes into the sea, Sungyu said, "I love you mommy. I'm going to miss you. I wish you are happy where ever you are going. I wish you make new friends so you won't be lonely. Daddy told me you're always going to be looking out for me even though you're no longer here and he told me you're always going to guard me like a guardian angel. I love you! "

After we finished scattering her ashes into the sea, I pull Sungyu into a hug.

"Let's go Sungyu." I said as I reach out my hand for her to take.

When we got home, I head to my room. As I look at our bed, it made me miss her figure.

Sungyu's pov

I walked pass my dad's bedroom and saw that he was crying. I didn't want to bother him so I went outside and head to the flower shop where the flower shop unnie is. I don't have any friends in the neighborhood so I'm just going to go play with the flower shop unnie.

When I got to the shop, it was close. She probably went somewhere. I wonder if she is making any money if she keep closing her shop.

I didn't want to go back home so I sit in front of the shop and wait for her.

Sunny's pov

Today, I closed my shop and went to visit my parents' grave. I brought them flowers and soju for my dad.

After I put the flowers on both of their grave and pour the soju into a cup and place it on my dad's grave, I sat next to their grave and look out to the horizon.

"Mom, dad," I said, "how are you guys? I haven't found jisoo yet. I'm not sure where he is. I wonder how he's doing right now. He's probably around 21 right now right? If he's 21 right now he'd probably be in college right? Wait, college... that's it! I can just go to see if he's at any college and I'll probably find him."

"Mom, dad, I'll come visit again next time. I'm going to go look for jisoo." I gather up my stuff and quickly catch a cab. During the ride, I was searching up colleges in Seoul and make a list as I go. The first college I head to was Seoul University. It's a big college but hopefully I can find him here. If not, there's many colleges in Seoul that I can look for.

Arriving at Seoul university, I quickly head inside to where the main office is and ask if they have a student name Lee Jisoo. Sadly, they don't.

After a few visits, I couldn't find jisoo at any college that I've gone to. I'll have to continue tomorrow since it's getting late.

I catch a cab and head back home. When the cab pulled up closer to my shop, I saw sungyu sitting in front of my shop.

I paid the taxi driver and walk toward Sungyu.

"Hey, what are you doing here? It's late, shouldn't you go home?" I ask.

She look up at me. Without answering me, she continue to stare at me.

"What? Why you staring at me like that?" I ask. I look closely at her and I sense something from her. Why do I have a feeling that she's going to cry but is holding it back? Her breathing became heavy. Tears filled up her eyes.

"You okay?" I ask. She then burst out crying. I quickly walk over to her and hug her.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I ask.

"Mommy... she's gone." She replied, crying, still.

Right at that time I knew what she meant. A lot of people would probably think that her mom ran away or something but for me, somehow, I knew what she meant. The way she was trying to hold back her tears earlier, showed that she had been trying to stay strong but it no longer work as she hear the words, "are you okay?". I guess humans are like that. We try to stay strong but when someone ask us those three words, we just break down.

After a while, she stopped crying.

"Let's get you home." I said, "your dad needs you by his side at a time like this."

I reach out my hand and she took it. We both walk toward her house.

Jimin came to open the door and this Jimin did not look like the Jimin I once knew. His eyes were red and puffy. His wrinkles that wraps around his nose and near his lips became visible. His face looked swollen.He look really old. It reminded me that humans will grow old and immortals like me will continue to stay like how we always do.

Unlike the other people who would ask "are you okay?" , I give him a hug and patted him on his back, whispering, "it's okay." He then broke down and cry once more. I also heard Sungyu crying as well. Jimin back up from the hug and head toward Sungyu and hug her. I stood there staring at them. For some reason they made me think of jisoo. Who was there for him when mom and dad passed? He was still young when mom and dad passed. It must've been hard for him just like how it is for Jimin and Sungyu.