Chapter 5

Jimin's pov

After leaving sunny's shop, I got home and get ready for bed.

That night, I could not sleep. The memories of sunny and me kept me awake. I didnt want to think about it. I now have a wife and a daughter I want to stay loyal to them. Sunny is just a part of my past now.

As I close my eyes and tries to sleep, my wife woke up and quickly rush out the door. Startled, I quickly follow after her.

She ran to the bathroom and began throwing up in the toilet.

"Honey, you okay?" I ask.

She couldn't answer, she just continue throwing up.

I went over to her and patted her back.

After she finish throwing up, she took some of the toilet paper to wipe her mouth.

"Honey, are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine." She replied.

As she flushed the toilet, I grab onto her arm and help her stand up.

"You sure you don't need to go to the hospital for a check up?" I ask.

"No. I'm fine." She replied, "I just need some rest. I over worked myself that's it."

Without saying a word, I help her head back to our bedroom.

*a few hours later*

"Daddy! Daddy!" I woke up to the sound of sungyu crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask, slowly opening my eyes.

"Mom..." she couldn't continue on as her cries made it hard for her to talk.

I open my eyes and saw that my wife isn't beside me.

"Where's your mom?" I ask her.

Without saying a word, she took my hand and started to drag me to where ever she was heading to.

She stopped in front of the bathroom door and pointed toward it. I look over to what she was pointing at and saw my wife passed out on the bathroom floor with blood coming out of her nose. I quickly rush over to her and rest her head on my arm.

"Sungyu, go give me my phone, quick!" I ordered. As she ran to my room, crying, searching for my phone, I quickly took some toilet paper rolls and wipe the blood off her nose.

"Here." Sungyu said, handing me my phone.

I quickly dial 119.

*skip*

As we wait outside the ER room, I held sungyu in my arms.

"Mom is going to be okay, right?" She ask.

"She's going to be fine." I reply, "but, sungyu, what were you doing up late?" I ask as I remember her waking me up to see what had happen to my wife.

"I needed to use the bathroom and so I woke up and went to use the bathroom and I saw mommy laying on the floor with blood—"

"I got it. It's okay." I said, cutting her off.

Soon after, the doctor came out.

"Please prepare yourself." He said.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Your wife have cancer.. it had spread out to most part of the body. The percentage of survival after surgery is too risky I'm afraid we can't do anything about it except have her take some medication to slow down the spreading of it. I'm sorry." He said, bowed, and left.

I felt tears coming up my eyes as I tried not to believe whats going on. How can this happen? It's unbelievable. She was fine the last time I saw her and now she have cancer? Why?

I cover my face as tears started to run down my face.

"Daddy, what's cancer?" Sungyu ask. I quickly wipe off my tears.

"Cancer... is a bad thing isn't it?" Sungyu ask and begin to cry. I bend down to her height and hug her.

"It's okay. Mommy is going to be okay." I said.