Not Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"I went down the tunnel but I came back to find you since you weren't with me. You seemed busy so I waited." I said as smoothly as I can. It's pretty difficult to do so when I feel like I'm internally bleeding and I'm bruised from my hard impact on the ground. Ty didn't want to push the conversation any further and immediately gave me steak. When my health was full, I slowly regenerated, still sitting by the stone.

Ty sat in front of me, waiting till my health was full. He looked around, daydreaming. His eyes locked onto the ceiling absentmindedly. His profile looked relaxed, but not happy. A slight frown and irritated half lidded eyes were shown. I looked up to where he was looking to see an expressionless Enderman on the top of the underground ravine. It wandered aimlessly, stone block in hand. Ty closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He stayed like that for a while, his chest rising and falling as he breathes quietly.

I've been staring at him for so long I didn't realize I was already regenerated for the past 5 minutes. Thinking he was sleeping, I poked him softly on his shoulder. His eyes gently fluttered open and looked at me. "You done?" He said in a raspy, sleepy voice. I paused for a moment, not expecting him to be cute like that. "Uh, yeah. Let's go." I said, looking around. Ty got up and stretched before following me back into the tunnel. "Oh yeah, I'm put of torches. You still got some, right?" I looked back at him for a response. "Yeah, I'll just put them down." He scratched his eye and blinked a few times.

Finding budder ores everywhere, we stopped at certain times, putting the crafting table down and making a full set of budder armor for myself. Reaching a dead end, I mined the wall a little, until on the other side of the stone were stone bricks. I mined out a path for Ty and I to see a classic Stronghold hallway. Ty looked around in awe, never seeing one before. I couldn't help but chuckle at his child-like interest.

"Do you always find things like these?" He asked, still awestruck. "No, these are pretty rare to find, but they're around." I said, looking around the hallway, already lit at some places. "Come on." I motioned for him to follow me down the hall to the faint glow of torches behind a wooden door. Walking down, all we heard were faint flickers of fire on sticks and 2 sets of almost silent foot steps echoing lightly withing the walls. I silently stopped him behind me before opening the door. I peered through the little windows on it and saw just 2 zombies roaming aimlessly around along with a spider.

I shrugged them off, not thinking they were really a huge deal. I warned Ty about the mobs through dramatic zombie hand motions. I took out my budder sword and immediately stabbed the nearest zombie. I turned quickly to stab the other zombie, making sure it was a blow to the head. It was a pretty easy kill. Ty calmly walked up to the charging spider and set it on fire with the torch he held. He casually watched it burn and die, standing there with a straight face.

I just stared at him with a raised eyebrow. I shook my head and gave a hearty chuckle before I tripped over the zombie's body which still hasn't burst into quickly disappearing smoke. I stumbled a little, yelling "WEEZY" out of instinct. Ty giggled at me, lightly covering his smile with his free hand. His attention was quickly averted to whatever was behind me.

"Where do those ladders go?" He said as he ran around the useless well and up the ladders behind me. I walked up to them and looked up, waiting for him. "Whoa, there's treasure here!" Ty said excitedly. I heard the rusty squeaks of chests opening as he collected whatever was in there. "Don't get everything just because." I started. "You'll need your inventory space." I heard his footsteps come closer to the ladders. "Fine, you hold these then." He said as budder rained from the top room. I squealed excitedly and collected the dropped pieces of wonderful budder. I heard Ty scoff at my reaction as he climbed down the stairs.

I carried 12 ingots of budder in my arms, looking at Ty. "You choose where." I motioned at the 3 doors we haven't been to yet. Ty thought for a bit, and pointed to the iron door across from us. I put my budder away and pressed a button to open the iron door, obviously closing on Ty quickly. He walked right into the door, a thud along with the short echo of an iron clang. Ty stammered back and rubbed his head, a quiet and stunned "whoa" escaped his lips. He quickly recovered and pressed the button to open the door, walking through without getting hit.

We walked along the dimly lit and shirt hallway, leading into an abandoned mine with missing rail tracks here and there. We explored for a little and got some iron ingots out of a nearby chest in a cart and went back to the stronghold, not wanting to loose it so quickly.

We went to the other iron door to our left to a spiraling staircase going down. We walked down, running into another hallway, but with useless iron bars and doors acting like jail cells or something. Nothing was really ever in there, but Ty didn't really know that and walked through all the rooms, meeting me at the front of yet another iron door.

Breaking it open since there was no button, another 4 way intersection was waiting for us. We walked in, seeing left and right that there were nothing but chests hidden between cobblestone. We collected even more budder, iron ingots, and even an enchanted iron pick axe. I let Ty have it, wanting to stay with my budder pick axe. We looked at the wooden door ahead of us and easily opened it to reveal an Ender portal.

8 eyes were already placed. The lava beneath slushed around and provides enough light for us. In panic, I immediately destroyed the silver fish spawned in front of us. Ty used his pick axe to kill the 2 spawned silver fish. I climbed up the stairs and looked down on the lava.

"Too bad we don't have 2 ender eyes..." I murmured. Ty didn't answer me. Instead, his back was turned and he pretended to be focused at something else. I started getting suspicious. He had a strange thing when it comes to anything having to do with Ender-whatever. I don't know what his big deal is.

"Hello? You alive?" I cocked my head slightly. Ty sighed, defeated. "I have ender eyes..." He mumbled. He climbed up the short case of stairs and put them down himself, passing by me. I watched as the portal slowly became dark, then black, then white star-like dots swirling around. "Hey, put your bed down. We have to set spawn." I told him as I walked down the stairs and laid mine at the foot of the staircase. Ty looked at me confused and frowning. "What?" I looked up at him. Or rather, looked down. "I didn't bring a bed..." Ty said quietly. "I didn't know I had to bring one..."
"Oh... No, it's my bad. I forgot to tell you to bring one." I shrugged. "Let's just share the bed." I tried to suggest smoothly. Ty nodded slightly and glanced at the bed, a little awkward.

I tried to act like I didn't care, despite the butterflies in my stomach. I went under the crimson sheets first, turning my back and laying still. I felt the slow movement of the mattress compressing. Ty shuffled at the other side before laying still himself. I heard the quiet clutter of his headphones being put down by the ground.

After a while, everything was silent. Ty grunted in his sleep, tossing and turning. He even hogged all the bed sheets. I turned to face him again. His face wasn't calm as usual. His expression seemed angry, scared even. I didn't sleep well that night. I stayed up, concerned about whatever was going on in his head. In the middle of the night, he even started crying. I think he was crying In his sleep. He didn't react to me hugging him and comforting him. He just put his hands over his face and cried. I later drifted off to sleep while repeatedly telling him everything's okay.

I woke up the next morning tangled in each other's arms and legs. I saw he was still sleeping soundly, quite breaths escaped his lips in a rhythm. I didn't move away and savored the time, spending it staring at him. He's so adorable when he's asleep. He moved slightly at some points, cuddling closer to me. I sighed as a smile grew on my face.

My amulet. My Ty. Mine.

I watched Ty's eyes crack open, squinting at the bright light the lava illuminated. I immediately closed my eyes and faked a light snore, pretending to be asleep. Ty seemed to stay still for a while, processing the situation. Next thing I know, he snuggled into my chest, his head right beneath my chin.

((WOW SO SORRY FOR SUPER LATE UPDATE))