Somewhat Chapter 4

I already knew what was going to happen when I'd jump that first block. As much as they insisted, especially Ty, I shook my head. Getting inpatient, Ty glanced at Jason, then stared back at me. "I think Adam just needs a little push..." Ty grinned as he punched me into the lava unexpectedly. I flailed my arms and screamed as I tried swimming in lava, reaching to punch Ty as much as I can. He and Jason both went on. The whole time, even after I respawned, I've been yelling profanities. They both laughed at my anger, though I myself was kidding.

Getting to the lava parkour room, I jumped to obsidian blocks myself. I didn't notice Ty waiting for me at the edge. Before my feet can reach the ending ledge, Ty immediately shoved me back into the lava. "WHAT THE- ARE YOU KIDDING ME." I yelled. I respawned again in the quartz room, hearing Ty laughing all the way up here. I snorted and smiled to myself as I made my way back, doing lava parkour all over again, except Ty was in the next room with Jason, not pushing me off.

I hastily hit the checkpoint button and followed them into a water based parkour. Jason was way ahead while Ty was still laughing about killing me. I jumped over as quickly as possible to him, hoping I could get my revenge. When I got close to him, ready to shove, he reacted more quickly and pushed me off first. Jason watched it all, chuckling. "Adam, there's a checkpoint over there." Jason pointed at the waterfall he activated. "TY WE'RE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE." I half-yelled half-gargled as I swam through to get to the checkpoint.

As I swam up the waterfall, it suddenly stopped. "What-" I looked up to see Ty standing on the pressure plate that activates the waterfall. "Just kidding." He laughed and stepped on the plate to reactivate the waterfall. "IM GOING TO PUNCH YOU WHEN I GET UP THERE." I shouted before swimming up the waterfall again. Nearing the top, I thought Ty either left or got considerate enough to let me up. My hopes were dropped when Ty turned the waterfall off again. "NO" I yelled, vainly reaching out to a ledge that's way too far away. He giggled and continued on the parkour map, leaving the waterfall on.

Jason waited at the top, laughing as he watched us. Ty and I went on, until I fell and Jason left another waterfall on as a checkpoint. Ty stood on top of the pressure plate, smiling innocently as he looked down at me. "Don't you dare..." I started. He lifted a foot and blinked, his grin widening. "Ty, we can talk about this." I said, a little panicked. He lightly placed his foot on the pressure plate. "Ty. Ty we can work something out. Ty." I tried swimming as fast as possible, trying to reach the block before he could press on the plate. He giggled lightly. "It's kinda cute when you're desperate." I froze for a moment, the waterfall pulling me back down for a second. Ty stepped on the plate fully, stopping the water's flow. "OH MY GOD TY!" I screamed as I fell back into the water. The whole frustrating routine of desperately trying to get back up happened again, both Ty and Jason dying of laughter.

I made the rest of the parkour level without falling, but I was pretty clumsy. I couldn't stop thinking about what Ty said before he stepped on the plate. It was a little surreal to me. Surreal that I'm thinking about it like a highschool girl who's crush acknowledged her. Unless I'm like this because my crush acknowledged me. I never really admitted it to myself. I've been denying, the moment I saw him in my kitchen, that I liked him in that way. I've been denying my feelings, but now it's getting more apparent, stronger, even.

I liked- no, loved Ty.

Jason took notice to my sudden silence during the middle of the map. A happy Ty passed by Jason, jumping and occasionally grunting. Jason slowed down and let me catch up to him. "Hey, you okay?" He asked quietly, making sure he was out of Ty's earshot. "Yeah, it's all good." I reassured him. He didn't take that as an answer. He knew me too well. "Are you sure?" He questioned like an interrogating mother. I sighed, defeated. "I'll tell you when we get to the city..." I murmured as we both went on jumping from block to block.

Catching up to Ty, we all paused at the ledge, looking at the wall ahead of us. Ty was confused, while Jason and I cringed and pressed the checkpoint button many times. Ty just waited for us to go first, since he didn't know what to do. After a somewhat long argument who should go first, Ty stepped in. "Adam, go first." He said nonchalantly as he pushed my off the ledge. "TY STOP" I yelled as I watched the map get smaller and smaller as I fell out of the world. I respawned behind Jason and Ty, aiming to push Ty off. Expecting me, Ty reacted quickly and punched me first. We kept trying to shove each other off the cliff, Ty successfully pushing me off again. Before I could fall, I grabbed Ty by his shirt and pulled him down with me. He screamed, never falling out of the map before. He held onto me for dear life, his legs even wrapped around me.

I turned my head away from Ty, my gloved hand covering my face as much as I can. Even though we were about to die, I had the reddest blush and the most uncontrollable smile. Time seemed to go by slowly, though deaths like this were fairly quick. I didn't complain, though. I savored what time we had left. I savored the warmth I felt radiating from Ty's body so close to mine. This was probably the most I'd get for a long while from him. What an inappropriate time to feel this flustered.

Respawning back, Ty still held on, eyes as wide as saucers and panting loudly. He stopped for a second, and observed the situation. I looked down on the shorter male, concerned. He glanced up at me and pushed me away, straightening himself up. There was an awkward silence between us until Jason broke it by jumping onto a ladder. Ty and I realized what we were supposed to do and joined in.

Ty was especially terrified of the unsteadiness of this type of parkour. He was terrified to the point where he asked me to stay nearby him for support. When he would slip, he'd give the cutest squeak and grab onto my arm. He immediately hated this parkour like we did. He slipped yet again, but this time falling and pulling me down with him. "TY YOU BUTT!" I yelled as he clinged onto me once again, but this time he didn't scream. His eyes were shut tightly and his grip squeezed me to the point where breathing was difficult. I hugged him lightly, hesitantly. His eyes shot open and looked up at me. I didn't dare return the look.

(Um wow do I write my chapters too long)