Taokai

Now I'm extra soft

"Hyung, I'm bored!" Tao whined, doing rolls on the bed.

"Same," Kai grumbled, trying to stop yawning as he read through a college book. Why was he reading it? Because he didn't have anything better to do that wasn't going to ruin his brain. Like going to the bar with the other ten members. Tao only stayed back because he was sleeping, and everyone knew that if you tried to wake him up you'd be in hell for a while. 

Kind of like Kai was right now.

"Maybe TV?" Tao said, reaching for the remote.

"You think good stuff will be on TV at 11:30?" Kai said, raising an eyebrow as he glanced back at Tao. 

"Fine, then what do we do, Teddy Bear?" Tao said, reaching out and poking Kai's cheek.

"Read a book while you're at it." Kai flipped the textbook back, nearly smacking Tao straight in the face. Tao pouted, and Kai went on his phone.

"A remark... oh, remarkable concept in nature is the com-compo..."

Kai turned, confused. Tao had a frown set on his forehead as he tried to read the textbook. 

"... is the compos... composition of ph..." Tao grumbled, plopping his head on folded hands.

"Photosynthesis?" Kai said, surprised.

"Is that what it says?" Tao said, pointing at a word. Kai nodded after simply taking a glance. Tao pouted.

"Alright then. The composition of photosynthesis is quite... extra?" 

Frustrated, Tao threw the textbook across the room. Angry tears formed in his eyes, and he buried his face into a pillow. Kai watched as he became still, tiny sobs coming from him. Kai reached out...

"One... or is that- no, that's once."

Tao glanced up, seeing Kai frowning over a children's book.

"Once a... pony? Oh! Once upon a time! OK, once upon a time, t- are you kidding me?"

Tao giggled as Kai struggled to read a Chinese children's book. Tao took it from him and began to read easily.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful prince..."

Kai moved onto the bed with Tao as the maknae kept on reading, becoming happier. He enjoyed the book, especially when he read that the prince had a pet panda.

"... and they ended up in the royal room, drinking tea and watching Panda Taffeta munching on yummy bamboo. The perfect end."

Kai smiled and reached for the textbook. Tao pouted, but Kai skipped the photosynthesis and came to a part he knew Tao would like.

"Panda's. Panda's are an important part of the circle of life in their ecosystem..."

Tao grinned and lay on his side as he listened to Kai read. He would stop Kai to ask him what a word meant, and Kai would stop to ruffle Tao's hair. At one point, Kai realized Tao became silent. He glanced over to see Tao sleeping peacefully, a smile on his rosy lips.

"Goodnight," Kai whispered in Chinese. He hugged Tao, tracing the bags under his eyes gently. 

"Such a panda," Kai whispered before dozing off with the Chinese members wrapped tightly in his arms.