Same Ole Love.

3 Years Later

Manhattan, New York NYC
2013, October 13 Saturday
09 : 32 pm

Manhattan, New York NYC2013, October 13 Saturday 09 : 32 pm

Rihanna Bird Fenty

"Baby?" I called for my girlfriend while we drove back home from her Nana's house. Amir was sleeping in the back seat

"Mhm?" She responded turning her head back to me, I smiled looking at her.

"Can I take out tonight? I.. I've already spoken to Kae and she agreed to keep Amir for the night" I said. She stared at me smiling for a while then nodded

"That would be great babe, thank you" She said.

Last month we found out that Bey has some issues with her womb. The things her father did to her at that young age could probably cause fertility issues later on.

She's been so... quiet and a bit distant since then. She had told me before that she wanted a big family since she was an only child, about four kids which I think it's ludicrous but whatever.

We have been trialed, tested and tribulated in the past three years. I had to face all my fears when it came to us. But one thing I never allowed us to do was break up, I couldn't take it.

"I love you" I said to her. I made sure to always remind her that I do, because people sometimes forget.

"I love you too baby" she said softly. I took her hand in mine then kissed it softly.

We made it home. I took the princess out the backseat while her mommy went to open the door. I then let her sleep on the couch covered with a blanket since Breezy and Kae would be here any moment.

"I should go freshen up before we go" she said. I caught her by the wrist before she could leave

"There's no need for that, we ain't going on a fancy date. I just wanted to maybe go to the beach and spend some quiet time with you" I said looking in her eyes.

My baby was hurting, I could see it in her eyes and it was killing me that I couldn't do anything about it. I pulled her in for a warm hug. She sighed on my chest

"It's going to be ok baby, I promise" I comforted her.

She graduated about two months ago. She wanted to rest a bit before finding a job.

Watching her wearing that cap and gown for the second time made me so proud of her. I appreciated her independence so much more.

Kae and Breezy came and took Amir with them. And I took Bey to the beach. The ocean at night is the most calming place on earth

I took the blankets out the trunk of my car and we laid them on the sand and chilled there.

"Why did you bring me here?" Her voice broke the silence between us. We were looking at the sky and stars