Chapter 133 - You Again

Start from the beginning

Nick stands up against the wall as he stares at Karla, his eyes red from all the crying. My eyes drift away from him and then at my little sister who's suprised us all.

We expected Tessa to have some sort of break down but no. This whole time Tessa has been quiet and....Emotionless. She's been sitting in her chair for the last three hours and just staring at Karla. The nurses came to take the body away but Tessa refused to let her go. She said she wanted Chris to be here before they take her away.

"Take a seat, Nicklaus." I gesture towards the chair. God knows how long he's been standing there. "Nicklaus?" I call him again. "Nick." I say louder as I walk towards him. I stop right infront of him and watch him stare at me blankly. "You must be tired. Sit down." I say slowly and gesture towards the chair again.

"I don't want to." He croaks and clears his throat, making me sigh.

"Any news on where Chris is?" I ask Tessa but get nothing out of her.

"No." Marshall says, making me glance at him before I look away again. "He hasn't returned our calls." Marshall adds.

"He can see Karla at the morgue. We can't keep the body-" I start and stop talking at the sound of my sister's voice.

"We are not moving her until Chris comes." She whispers, making me drop my gaze down to the floor.

"Tessa. We can't keep her here." I say and watch Tessa shake her head.

"We aren't doing anything until Christopher gets here." She says, making me sigh.

***

"Anything?" Liam raises his brow, making me shake my head in response. "You have got to be fucking kidding me." He throws his hands up in the air as I reach for my jacket and pull it on before I start to fix my tie.

"Where on earth have they gone!" Leonardo hisses.

"You think he knows?" Micheal asks. "Do you think Chris knows about Karla?" He rephrases the question.

"I doubt it." Andrew sighs.

"Try calling Jacob." I hear Jay say to me and clench my jaw. I hate the bastard. I ignore my little brother and keep my gaze fixed on the lady behind the reception. She's been eyeing all of us for the last couple of minutes.

"I have." Micheal states. "He isn't answering my calls, just like Chris isn't." He adds.

"Jakes probably getting drunk somewhere." I mumble.

"Now is not the time to bash your brother." Jay says.

"Fuck off back to England Jay." I say and clear my throat. "You barley saw Karla." I state. "Why are you even here." I add.

"Karla was a good friend." Jay states, making me turn around to face him. "And Tessa needs me." He shrugs. "Just like she needed you when she was 18 and you believed Gayle over-" Jay shouts but gets cut off.

"Let's not bring up the past!" Liam cuts in. Jay balls his hands up into fist and I watch him clench his jaw as he looks away from me. I smirk lightly and turn my back towards him.

"It's time to move on from the past....brother. Tessa has forgiven me for that. Besides, you act like you care for Tessa yet you didn't even show up for Gayle's trial." I state.

"I would have only got beaten up and kicked out into the cold by you....Again." He shrugs.

"You're lucky I haven't done that yet." I clear my throat. "But if I hear you talking to me again then-" I start and get cut off.