Thirdy's Apology- 2

"Papa?" Thirdy slowly walked inside RJ's home office.

RJ quietly stared at the little boy who looked too scared to take another step.

Thirdy, at his young age, understood how wrong he was for being a sour loser and saying those hurtful things to his mother. Maine has been quiet throughout their whole ride home and skipped lunch with an excuse of a headache. She smiled before turning to go upstairs but everyone heard her sniffle and brush her tears away when she did.

He smiled at his son and signalled him to come forward.

Thirdy walked closer and stopped right in front of his desk. "I'm sorry, Papa." Their little boy said in a small voice while keeping his head down.

RJ sighed and smiled at his son. "Come here, son." He told Thirdy as he gestured for him to sit on his lap.

The eldest Faulkerson child gingerly walked closer and got up on his father's lap. RJ wrapped his arms around his son and hugged him. "I'm sorry too, buddy, but sometimes there are lessons that you should learn and tough ways to teach them. Naiintindihan mo ako di ba, anak?"

Thirdy nodded his head. "Yes, Papa. I'm sorry, Papa."

"I know you are, son, but we both know I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to." RJ said.

Thirdy sighed and frowned. RJ had to stop himself from chuckling at how grown up their 6-year old looked at that moment.

"What should I do, Papa? I know saying sorry can't be enough. Mama was really hurt."

"She is." RJ said.

"What should I do? What do you do when you hurt Mama, Papa?" Thirdy asked.

"Well, buddy, I can't tell you all my tricks but I think I know what you should do." RJ smiled then carefully instructed his son on what he should do.

//

It was around six pm when Maine woke up from a nap after nursing Seb and putting him to sleep in a playpen they kept inside their room for after midnight feeding sessions and diaper changes or afternoon naps.

"Seb?" She smiled after seeing their one-year old baby already awake and giggling as he held on to the railings of his crib. "What's that?"

Maine got down from bed and walked to the crib where Seb threw over his doodling mat to the floor. She went to pick it up and found what clearly was not Sebastian's doodle.

In his neat first- grader handwriting, Thirdy wrote and Maine read.

I'm sorry, Mama. I love you.

Maine smiled. "Thank you, Seb-seb for giving me Kuya's message."

"Tu-wa!" Seb cheered and pointed to the sidetable.

She looked at where the baby was pointing and saw a single red rose on the table. Maine went to pick it up then walked back to get Seb from the crib.

"Mama?" She heard Charmaine call from the door after three soft knocks.

"Come in, sweetheart." She called back and smiled when their little girl peeked through the door. "Wow. You're looking pretty."

"Thank you, Mama." Charm said and sat on the bed with Maine and Seb in her pink lace tutu dress and big bow headband.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Maine asked.

"It's a surprise." Charm whispered. "Now, you should dress up too, Mama." She added.

"Surprise? Okay then. Will you help me?" Maine asked.

"Of course, Mama." Charm beamed.

//

Thirty minutes later, Maine has changed into a black A-line, scooped-back cocktail dress. She put her hair up in a messy high bun and had light makeup on after Charm insisted she did so.

The little girl then led her downstairs after Yaya Pe came to get Seb from the room.

At the foot of the stairs, RJ stood in one of his black suits, mesmerized by his wife's beauty.

"Love, ano to? May occasion ba akong nakalimutan? Bakit may surprise date? Hindi naman natin anniversary, weeksary or monthsary." Maine asked.

With his gaze fixed on her face, RJ took Maine's hand and kissed it. "Sobrang ganda talaga ng misis ko. Too bad I'm not your date tonight." He smiled.

"Thank you, Love." She smiled. "Teka. You're not my date?"

"Nope." RJ grinned. "I'll take you to him." He said and walked with her to the backyard.

"This guy must really be something for you to willingly escort me on a date with him." Maine chuckled as she already guessed who her date for the evening was.

"He really is." RJ smiled as he opened the sliding door to the back yard for Maine to reveal the surprise.

At the patio was a table set for two with roses and candles and beautiful music playing. Thirdy was waiting there, wearing a black suit that matched RJ's, smiling at Maine with a red rose in his hand.

"Ang gwapo ng date ko ha. Mas gwapo sa'yo." Maine whispered to her husband.

"Tanggap ko yan. Mas gwapo talaga ang anak ko." RJ beamed.

"Manang-manga sa'yo pati mga pakulo mong ganyan pinamana mo na din." She giggled. "Thank you, Love. I love you."

"I love you more." RJ whispered and kissed her temple before letting her go.

Thirdy walked towards his mom and handed him the rose. "I'm really sorry about earlier, Mama. I didn't mean what I said. You're the bravest, strongest, smartest, prettiest and the best Mama in the world. Those ipis were just really disgusting. That's not your fault." Their little boy said.  

Maine touched the little boy's cheek and cupped his little face in her hand. "It's okay, honey. Sometimes we say things that we don't really mean. What's important is to admit we were wrong and learning to apologize." She smiled.

"Thank you, Mama. I love you." Thirdy said and hugged M's waist.

"I love you too, honey. I love you so much." Maine said and hugged their son back.

Mother and son, shared stories over dinner and were later joined by RJ and Charm for ice cream and some dancing to top the night off.

*********

Unbeta'ed and not proofread. Thank you for reading.